• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Windshield upper frame pitting

RubenSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone experienced this?
Some pitting/corrosion between the stainless steel trim and frame..
I had this happen to my 2019 SX195 with only 6-8months of use. Under 30hrs.20200911_113639.jpg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can't see in the photo too well, but I can see something. Is this on the window frame? Looks like it is the black that is corroding, not the stainless part.

Your profile does not tell us where you are. Are you boating in salt or fresh? How frequently? Stored on the water or off? Covered?

RubenSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes its the top windshield frame on the black painted part between stainless insert..i use my boat in the Florida gulf coast ..I keep it inside my garage..i guess salt water trapped in between. Yamaha 1yr warranty covered refinish by local body shop..its not perfect but much better..i have to rinse it better and protect it with anti corrosive spray..

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That should help. I would think also the refinish may help. I'm a bit surprised that the paint on there was not more effective at keeping the corrosion off... I don't boat in salt, so am a poor one to help with all of the post-voyage procedures for salt. But I know there are a number on here who do boat salt and have the routine down. Might post something up in General asking for people's salt off-the-water procedures. I'm sure you will get several to consider.

RubenSX195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok thanks for your help take care