• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Winter Cover idea...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When I bought my boat I did not get lucky enough to get my shipping cover with it as it was a dealer inventory trade and the originating dealer misplaced it... so I am SOL on that. What I am thinking is for this winter, though I would like to pony up and buy the deluxe mooring/trailer cover, I have lots of mods that I want to do this winter and that is where I want to focus my money. I was looking at the generic covers you can order cheap like what Wal-Mart carries etc but non of them are designed for a tower. Then I got to looking at my pic with the tower folded and I am looking for opinions. I want to get a cover for a larger boat, same style and fold the tower and cover the whole thing while it sits in my shop. This cover will be something that is only used for winter storage and I can use it over top of the mooring cover when I get it so it can be the dust collector. Does anyone have any idea where I should start for picking one big enough? Im thinking along the lines of bagging the whole thing sort of since during the winter I will br grinding/sanding etc. on my bronco project.

tower folded.PNG

Ask your dealer if they will get you one at cost.

Not sure if this guy would be willing to ship or not...

Link <<--

He's had it listed for a while now, he might budge on the price.

D

Why not just by a big cheap tarp at Menards?

Some guys leave the tower up and use it to make a tarp tent.

Mine has lived in the driveway under a tarp for the last 4 winters. I got one of the better quality ones and slit it to go around the tower. Works well. I sweep off the snow when it is more that 2". Cam.

@jdonalds has a second cheaper cover that he uses that he likes. It is on his 210 and it is bigger than the boat but it works for him. The deluxe M/T cover is great, especially if the boat is stored indoors out of the sun (UV). But it won't go over the folded tower as you know, it goes over the boat and around the tower.

Have you checked http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com for their prices on OEM covers? I've found they are usually the best...even when adding in $30 for shipping.

Well it looks like I am buying the shipping cover offered on craigslist. Since my boat is kept indoors, the coverr will only be on durring the winter. Eventually I will purchase the delux mooring cover for travel ets but for now, the shipping cover shuld work well. I only hope it works well enough that field mice dont find a way in durring the winter. That is another worry of mine with a tarp, pulling the cover off to discover droppings and seat cushions destroyed...

Have not had a problem with mice yet but I always make sure there are no easy paths in for them too.

Reactions: 007
Moth balls are a good mouse deterrent. Just make sure you can air the boat out in the spring - else your boat will smell like grandma! :(

Reactions: 007
Back