• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

winterizing a 2021 195s

josephp80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hello I was hoping to reach out and see if there’s any articles or any people they could give some detailed information on how they introduced antifreeze into a 195S engine for winterization the other question I would have is which hose would have to be pinched during this process to help prevent it from going right out the back of the boat any help would be appreciated very much nice to meet you all

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The antifreeze debate is getting about as bad as the TV vs CJS debate, haha.

One way to introduce the antifreeze is pour it in a five gallon bucket, get some sort of pump, attach it to a hose, attach the hose to the Yamaha flushing quick connect hose, drop pump in bucket of antifreeze. Start your engine, connect the hose and start the pump to pump it through the hose into the engine. There is another way to run it in and clamp a hose off but you would have to search on here for that.

Above is a winterization forum that has been ongoing. It gave me comfort to know that people in Minnesota weren't flushing with antifreeze as I have decided not to flush with antifreeze either and I live in SW Iowa. As long as you blow the water boxes out of these jet boats you're getting all the water out that could cause harm. Blowing the water boxes out is just turning the boat on and revving it a few times. I did this after I changed the oil after flushing on the hose. Then went a step further and the next day I turned the engines on (one at a time), revved them to dry it out some more, and then fogged them via the air intake real quick so I wouldn't have an overheat. After I shut them down I then fogged the cylinders, pulled the lanyard safety switch and cranked the engines over to get the fogging oil dispersed more in the cylinders.

Nowhere in my owner and service manual does it say I need to add antifreeze, most do it for peace of mind obviously.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was -26*F here last winter with no AF in the system and have had no issues. Just blow the water boxes out as described above and be done.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
+1 on the thread above and I do have a post in that thread. I think Julian has it right in his initial post. I AF out of habit and it is easy and cheap. I also fog by pulling plugs giving the cylinders a squirt and rolling it over with no fire.
If you are looking for a good all around pump, I bought this one for antifreeze, pumping weed killer between tanks, and general use. It’s 12v and comes with clips and a switch.
Just my two cents….

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Antifreeze isn't required unless you have a water ballast system. @Julian (and other members) brought some valid points regarding the minimal water in your boat. Any water remaining in your boat after you blow it out will have plenty of room to expand when it freezes. Seems like the general consensus is there has never been damage done for those that skip out on antifreeze. But for 15$ and ten minutes of your time, its not really hurting anybody either.

As for fogging, i never liked that whole process. i pull the plugs, add 1-2 drops of oil into the cylinder heads and turn the engine over without the plugs to lubricate. This has saved me from ring lock. probably not the most "by the book" option, but issue free so far.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Antifreeze isn't required unless you have a water ballast system. @Julian (and other members) brought some valid points regarding the minimal water in your boat. Any water remaining in your boat after you blow it out will have plenty of room to expand when it freezes. Seems like the general consensus is there has never been damage done for those that skip out on antifreeze.
Very true. I have seen more people claim frozen water in their tower blew out welds, than engine damage. I never believed it until I saw someone throw up a video of him drilling a hole in his tower and water pouring out. It had to have been staged, as I have no idea how it would get in there.