• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wiring and Battery Addition

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am preparing today to reconfigure and mod the battery wiring as well as add two additional Fuse blocks, Positive and Negative Busbars with cover, Inline circuit breaker reset fuses and add an additional battery Northstar TPPL with ACR. So I would now have starter and house. NOTE: The trolling motor batteries are not shown since they will be isolated from this main wiring system.

I cut a piece of 1" Royal PVC Sheet for the backing to secure everything to. This will be bolted to the white PVC board that is between Port rear seat storage and engine compartment, which I felt was a bit thin so I am adding this.

My test fit layout is below. Negative busbar is on the left, positive on the right and yes I have the blue seas covers for them which you can see in the second picture.

The top left 60amp circuit breaker is going to be hooked up to the Fuse block I have under the helm for tabs, Garmin additional USB etc. I have 6 AWG already ran from this location to the helm.

Fuse block on the top right is for high water alarm, gas vapor alarm, USB connections on port passenger side and second Bilge(eventually).

If anyone has any better suggestions for layout or that I may be omitting something please mention it. I wont be cutting battery cables till later this afternoon or early evening.

20210427_113203.jpg20210427_112408.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The short runs on the wire are a pain to bend.

@TimW451 I am half way through it making wires and putting it together and the whole layout has changed. Good call running the wires changed the balanced layout.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is where i am at getting ready to mount in boat and hook up final wires
20210427_183817.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Impressive work...

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s a really clean install.

Are the two big fuses off the switch just between the batteries & switch?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AZMark Yes the two fuses are between each battery and switch. I have another 60 amp fuse that is between Positive buss and the the run to the helm. In practice wiring everything up in the boat it got a bit more cluttered. I am not totally pleased with the final result but it will do for now. It is ready for install of the two batteries. Had to stop because it was dark out. Want to check all my work in the daylight before adding power.

I made all the batteries wires here at the house. Since the lengths were different I figured it would be best. First time doing it, wasn't too bad. Hard to bend the guage wire short distances.

20210427_213604.jpg20210427_213705.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That panel is covered in stuff on the 212s anyway.
You could probably make a cover panel of pvc with a hole for the main battery switch and just mount it on a few standoffs if you really want it covered

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the way mine looked, except for the DSVR. I only got an off an on switch........ Base Model :) And they only gave me one sad battery. Not sure what you are exactly trying to point out.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
By far. The Lithium Batteries = Pool Cost. Pool is in the garage and I am getting eyeballed as I spend my free time, if there is such a thing, trying to get the boat ready. I told them I will put up the pool third week of May!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is the way mine looked, except for the DSVR. I only got an off an on switch........ Base Model :) And they only gave me one sad battery. Not sure what you are exactly trying to point out.
Sorry was just saying that panel is covered in crap even on the factory 2 battery boats. You put a lot more functionality in and it’s still contained to the same space.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
By far. The Lithium Batteries = Pool Cost. Pool is in the garage and I am getting eyeballed as I spend my free time, if there is such a thing, trying to get the boat ready. I told them I will put up the pool third week of May!
You're going to need a bodyguard soon... I am impressed on your mods so far. I am curious how the tabs work out. My 2021 212SE is so squirrely at high speeds. Feels dangerous.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah cool I gotchya.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're going to need a bodyguard soon... I am impressed on your mods so far. I am curious how the tabs work out. My 2021 212SE is so squirrely at high speeds. Feels dangerous.
Do you have fins on it?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length