• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wondering about the 2022 AR210

motogp04

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are on the fence about the AR250 or AR210. We love both boats but as you all know, there's a rather large difference in price. We were set on the AR250 but would Yamaha redesign the transom of the AR210 to mirror the 250 in 2022? I say this because my wife loves both boats but prefers the new transom on the 250. However, if we can save some money and go with an AR210 that would be perfect.

Thoughts?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
None really, just some rumors but all conjecture. No way to really know till July or August unless they change what they have always done about new information and new model year releases.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 19ft was updated in 2019, the 24ft was updated in 2021, the last time the 21ft were updated was in 2017 and they didn’t make them in 2016 so the 21ft is next up to be redesigned. If you can swing the price and plan on boating a lot I’d go with the 25ft. To me the TR1 motors are a little under powered.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We are on the fence about the AR250 or AR210. We love both boats but as you all know, there's a rather large difference in price. We were set on the AR250 but would Yamaha redesign the transom of the AR210 to mirror the 250 in 2022? I say this because my wife loves both boats but prefers the new transom on the 250. However, if we can save some money and go with an AR210 that would be perfect.

Thoughts?
To be completely honest, I would go for the 250. The reason is that we were debated the 195 210 250 and the 252. We went with the 252 and my father wanted to save money and go with the 195. I took him down to a local marina and we found a 195 210 and a 252. HUGE differences and the bigger boat is definitely worth it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@motogp04 You have to determine what your boating needs are. What is the right size for one person and their budget is not the same for someone else. Determine where you are going to use the boat.... Big Water, smaller inland lakes, etc and then go from there. Figure out how you will use the boat. To take suggestions of do this or do that without looking at your full situation may not be the most prudent thing to do. Buying too much boat and not using it and paying for it is no different than buying too small a boat that you will regret.

Hux2012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 19ft was updated in 2019, the 24ft was updated in 2021, the last time the 21ft were updated was in 2017 and they didn’t make them in 2016 so the 21ft is next up to be redesigned. If you can swing the price and plan on boating a lot I’d go with the 25ft. To me the TR1 motors are a little under powered.
All I know for the 210 series for 2022 was a ~$7k up charge on reserve (no price yet from 2021 to 2022 other than up reserve) and can finally pick color (after 2 months of silence) at end of July/start of August, so I hope you are right about a tweak about the 210 series.
We went with the SX because we will be mostly lakes, rivers and only big water is Lake Superior. Also, didn't see advantage of the AR TOWER over possible headaches of transport and storage.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
didn't see advantage of the AR TOWER over possible headaches of transport and storage.
If you can, I highly recommend you take a look at one with the tower folded down and see if that works for your needs? A tower was a major priority for us - having a rock solid bimini that doesn't budge when riding over wakes and waves was critical, even without wake sports use. We would never buy a new boat without a tower...of course some people don't like them, but we like having a solid grab point when on the boat as well as when docking and loading the boat on the trailer.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All I know for the 210 series for 2022 was a ~$7k up charge on reserve (no price yet from 2021 to 2022 other than up reserve) and can finally pick color (after 2 months of silence) at end of July/start of August, so I hope you are right about a tweak about the 210 series.
We went with the SX because we will be mostly lakes, rivers and only big water is Lake Superior. Also, didn't see advantage of the AR TOWER over possible headaches of transport and storage.
Not sure what this reserve is you mention?? Do they want you to give them $7k down to order?

The tower is so useful for so many things. It is great to hold on to getting in and out of the boat or standing and holding on to it while going or walking around in a chop. Believe me. I Boat in the Great Lakes and LSC and the chop gets nasty sometimes. It is great for fishing rod holders or hammocks or Large VHF Radio attenea, review mirror top speakers, watersports, creating side curtains, a baby swing, and adds more resale value and is more sought after.

I have a tower and wouldn't buy a boat like this without it, just too versatile.

You won't be able to pick a color till either August 15, 16, 17th after the dealer show most likely, perhaps I am wrong.

Last edited:

Hux2012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After going to the dealership and finding out you couldn't get a 2021, they stated there will be a ~$7k increase for the 2022 model and they will not know till pricing came out ( that is where Reserve came from).
Thank you to all of you on the tower, it never dawned on me for other than towing. Grew up on Lund fishing boats (waters they should have never been on) and old 70' fiberglass speed boat so lack of a tower never crossed my mind as an option other than wake boarding.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I am mixed about the price increase. If it does go that high then the value of my boat goes up, strong. But to upgrade I am going to get hit hard. It is all mildly unsettling. As an aside, I wonder if they are only talking that big of a jump for the 21' footers??? If so that may mean something.

Hux2012

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it is mostly cautionary approach they are taking so I don't fall short on cost estimate. Will find out in 2weeks ( and now possible 4 weeks if need to wait till 15th). It's definitely a wild ride with the most unknowns.