• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wonky trailer wheels

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What's wrong with my tires/wheels/trailer?? Just noticed this today. The back wheels lean to the left and the right ones lean to the right. Trailers only 1.5 years old, new radials installed at the beginning of the season. Aside from that, we haven't done anything to damage it that we know of.

Any idea what's causing it? How we fix it? Is it unsafe to drive?IMG_5540.JPGIMG_5541.JPG

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe you just turned a corner. Move along a little and check again.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Agreed.. torqe from turning...
When i park my boat i jack it around to get it out of the way.. i have to pull it straight for a few feet to the side pressure off the tires so it sits right.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Normal, mine does it when turning sharp and leaving it without straightening out

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with the others. This is the result of making a tight turn and leaving the axles "loaded up". Driving the trailer straight for a few feet will return them to normal.

Try making a really tight U-turn. Notice the popping sound the suspension makes in the trailer. Then, while you're half way around the turn, get out of the truck and check out the axles. They can have a severe lean while trying to round the corner. The tighter the turn, the more stress it puts on the axles back there. It's because the axles aren't allowed to follow in line like when they're being towed forward. One axle is being pulled into the turn which means the other axle is being pushed opposite.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, SAA.
When I park in my aggregate surface driveway I always end up moving up and down (a couple of feet) after I stop - to get the wheels/tires straight in line.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for all the responses! I did park in a tight turn last night and this morning when I straightened out and took off it normalized. Just had me nervous because I'd never noticed it before.