• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Would you buy an FSH again??

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, it’s been a few years now since the FSH hit the market. Now that we have a few units out there was some hours just curious if you had to do it over would you buy the FSH again? Also, what kind of hours do you have on the boat?

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
3.5 years, 150 hours, and Yes, would buy one again.
Never had an issue with it other then the stock radio going bad. Small enough to fit in my garage, big enough for a family of 5, to go to the sandbar and fishing with the kids.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Bought my 2016 FSH Sport new in June 2017 and have a little over 100 hours on it. Not once have I ever had an issue. I've been 20 miles out into the San Juan Islands and camped at several of the Marine only State Parks in Washington State. I've had no issue carrying enough supplies for four days of off the grid camping and love my boat. Everywhere we go, someone always says "cool boat, what is it?"

The 210 FSH was not available when I bought mine, but the only reason I would get rid of my 190 would be to get a 210 or 242 (hopefully some day)

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes - I have had it almost 1.5 years (~50 hrs) with no problems. Well, the compass was replaced under warranty after it failed.
It does everything I need it to do at a reasonable price.
Looking forward to my second summer with it.

brownjjst

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
ditto above! LOVE It and fits in the garage!!!!!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I absolutely loved mine, and would jump on a 24'er if they made it. My next will likely be Sea Hunt or Worldcat though.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Only 78 hours. I love it for taking my various road trip one or two week vacations. Heading of to Florida again soon for a couple weeks. The cross country portability and usability on inshore lakes and bays as well as "just enough" size and power to handles bigger stuff makes it a very good fit for my current life. (and garage) Really fills a nice sport utility boat niche.
Admittedly, not at all a quiet ride, not the best handler on the block, and some definite Yamaha oversights in the fit and finish department. Don't over read this, I don't regret my purchase but as I approach retirement age, I'd probably not buy again. Only because I'm ready for a step up in quality and size and hope to spend much more time on the water in my next life.

Ask the question again in five years when I realize that the boat of my dreams is out of my reach. I may still be loving my FSH. :winkingthumbsup"

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Only problem, seaweed. 69 hours on 210 love it it will go over very skinny water in the Keys. A lot of usable room for a 21’ boat. Yes

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Only problem, seaweed. 69 hours on 210 love it it will go over very skinny water in the Keys. A lot of usable room for a 21’ boat. Yes
I run over large scum lines out in the sound and have never had the problem you are having, probably because I can see them coming and hit them wide open. I can feel the impeller chewing it up but back at home, cleaning the boat, there is never anything in the clean out port.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I run over large scum lines out in the sound and have never had the problem you are having, probably because I can see them coming and hit them wide open. I can feel the impeller chewing it up but back at home, cleaning the boat, there is never anything in the clean out port.
Likely a different type of weed. In Florida the sargassum weeds have become a real problem, and they seem to be perfect for catching on an intake grate and messing up the water flow.

Huge Sargassum Seaweed Blooms Again Threaten Florida, Caribbean and Mexico | The Weather Channel

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
bought ours july 2016, 630 hours and never a big problem.. couple switches needed replacing early on, but thats been it... We like our boat a lot for what it is... its an easy boat to maintain and operate... my wife loves taking it out when i am busy...

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's great to hear and equally great you get to use it that much.
I was thinking the same thing, that's almost 79 eight hour days or 158 four hour days on the water. My boat will decompose before I get that much time on the water in the Great Northwest.

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have around 165 hrs on mine and i have really enjoyed it. Only problem i had was bad gas one time but other than that no problems. Would i buy or upgrade to a different fsh probably not. I’m definitely looking in a different direction on the next boat and this will probably be the last summer with the 190 fsh.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great feedback. I think it makes for good info for those considering the FSH. As we all know and agree the jet has it's benefits and drawbacks. It all comes down to how you use the boat. I certainly wish it did a few things better but when I look at the cost if the boat compared to the competition I prefer keeping a few extra dollars in my bank account 😁. I purchased mine in August of 2017 so really just going into my 2nd full season. I believe I've got about 90 hours right now. I've been very happy with the boat and have not had any issues to speak of. Still get a lot of looks and questions at the dock.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We’ve had our 190FSH almost three years and only 34 hours. I installed a Garmin 742xs in dash first thing. Love the boat but thinking about trading down to a WaveRunner FX Cruiser HO to set up for fishing and play. The boat is hogging our carport. A WaveRunner would free up a lot of room here. 90645

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We’ve had our 190FSH almost three years and only 34 hours. I installed a Garmin 742xs in dash first thing. Love the boat but thinking about trading down to a WaveRunner FX Cruiser HO to set up for fishing and play. The boat is hogging our carport. A WaveRunner would free up a lot of room here. View attachment 90645
Where are you located? Have some friends thinking of buying one?

DrGamecock

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would buy a 24’ FSH but not the 19’ again. I have a ton of fun but really want a bigger boat at this point. You should see the looks I get when I take it down to the low country of SC. I’m going to keep this one for several more years until the 24’ comes out or I go back to outboard. I really like the open aft deck.

Xwinger61

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Probably not with all the leaks. I dont believe a new boat should have leaks as its main talking points. I still have at least one I have not found yet. Anchor storage I took care of. Deck drain I took care of. Wash down hose line, between engine and connector still dripping. Need to talk to dealer. And the longer I run the boat the more water ends up in it. And I'm talking calm water, no waves coming over sides. It could be the wet storage at back but still getting water in change room area from somewhere. I dont use front fish locker for anything but storage so no water in it. I dont hear guys with new lunds or even Trackers talking about how to stop the leaks. Im replacing the rear drain plugs with stainless steal ones the exact size and hole locations. Then I'll do the ones in the changing room. I've got just over 50 hrs on the motor, but well over 80 on the boat. Use the trolling motor a lot. I love the design, and finish. But leaks suck