• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Wrong mooring cover in the correct box. Anyone seen this???

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
I have a question for all of you that have purchased a Yamaha Cover.

Has anyone received the wrong cover in the correct box and the correct part number on the tag sewn to the cover? I purchased a cover via Ebay for my 2019 SX190. The cover I purchased was part number MAR-190BK-NT-19 which is the Non Tower Cover. The box and the tag sewn into cover states that part number however, if you look at the photos below you will see it has the velcro seams and also the holes that are cut into the cover ro go around the tower. I am working with the company I purchased it from to get this resolved but I want to see if anyone has seen this before.

IMG_0707.jpegIMG_0708.jpegIMG_0709.jpegIMG_0710.jpegIMG_0711.jpeg

Never seen or heard of that happening before.

Are you sure those aren't the holes for the bimini top? We had a 2019 sx195 and the cover had the holes for the bimini in a similar style to the tower except there are 2 smaller holes on each side to allow you to cover with the bimini installed.

The cover for the tower would have larger holes and a fold over flap that goes over the tower. I don't have a picture of mine, but I know that it looks different than that for my AR 195.

I would have to concur, those are probably not tower hole. They are there for the Bimini, so you can cover while up. Maybe someone with one can chime?

Finally found a picture of our old boat. You can see right behind the middle cleat cover there is the breakaway seam for the front Bimini top post and a little further back there is another seam for the other post opening. Hope this clears it up for you.

PXL_20210706_024657263.NIGHT.jpg

Unfortunately that makes no sense to me. Not everyone travels with the Bimini up and when it’s down it leaves the holes open and will allow water down inside the boat. Isn’t the whole idea of a cover to try to keep the water and weather out? I’m not being a smart ass here so please don’t take it that way. I understand its a boat and made to get wet but thats really not the point. If you look at all the pictures of the covers from Yamaha, nowhere does it show holes or is there any holes for the Bimini noted anywhere.

Last edited:
In all honesty, if you pull those sleeves out so it isn't like a funnel, you will be surprised how little water you end up with in the boat. As you can see in my picture I would leave the bimini down and throw the cover over top and never had any water in the boat. Just one person's experience though.

Perhaps things have changed with the 2019, but here is a pic of my 2018 SX195 deluxe premium NT cover. Of course, I always tow and store with the bimini down, since there are no cutouts otherwise.

Yamaha's own website doesn't even list current covers. Yamaha Deluxe Premium Tower Mooring Cover - 19 FT

Attachments

• IMG_20201011_172008017_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201011_172008017_HDR.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Perhaps things have changed with the 2019, but here is a pic of my 2018 SX195 deluxe premium NT cover. Of course, I always tow and store with the bimini down, since there are no cutouts otherwise.

Wishfull 1 thats what the cover should look like. If you look at my pictures compared to yours, yours does not have the large velcro seams up the side of the cover.

In all honesty, if you pull those sleeves out so it isn't like a funnel, you will be surprised how little water you end up with in the boat. As you can see in my picture I would leave the bimini down and throw the cover over top and never had any water in the boat. Just one person's experience though.
I can second what Rammrodd said, I leave mine just like it is in the pic and have never had water in the boat.

Wishfull 1 thats what the cover should look like. If you look at my pictures compared to yours, yours does not have the large velcro seams up the side of the cover.
Right on. Seems like the wrong cover to me, unless things have changed. Hard to tell, since Yamaha's website does not list the newer model covers.

In addition, the cover you have looks like it is for a tower. There seems to be two "pockets" for the tower, vs. single pole for SX style that is top of glass frame, seems to be set too low for on glass frame. I could be wrong, but sure looks wrong to me.

Last edited:
Right on. Seems like the wrong cover to me, unless things have changed. Hard to tell, since Yamaha's website does not list the newer model covers.
They are sending me a new one. I will update this thread when it arrives and I have a chance to put it on.

A quick search of the web and I found that there are 2 different covers, the black deluxe premium cover, like the one you have and I had as well, and a charcoal premium cover with a part number of MAR-190MC-CH-19. This cover costs less but neither make mention in any of the specs of the bimini seams. So I would assume if you have another black deluxe cover coming it will have the same Bimini seams, and if you want one without your best bet is to get the charcoal premium cover instead of the black deluxe. Not to say for sure that the charcoal cover won't come with openings.

Back