• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy WTB Cobra Jet Steering or Thrust Vectors

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I am not entirely sure how much I need these as I am not inexperienced with [BOAT :)] jet engines so I'm hoping to find some second-hand for a reasonable price. Please let me know if you have a set you'd like to sell. I am not really concerned with generation, missing bolts, etc.

Thanks.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Still looking. Sometimes I really feel like I need them and others I don't. I guess it depends on the current of the river and the wind that day.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It was an EAZ-Y decision for me .......... Thrust Vector XL's by JetBoatPilot.
Will's Quality, JPB's reputation, and my dealer carried them and would do the install for me at no charge (Despite the fact they are a snap to do (as long as the boat is out of the water on land).
Good luck on whichever you choose ....... Remember ......... You may be purchasing and installing these NOT your yourself, but for your wife or lady friend who is driving your Yamaha some day.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Captain: How's that 232 working out? Great fun, eh? You need to come down to my private river some day. Ask Mark_M what Eric had to say about fins, just before he backed out of a narrow slip with about 2 inches on either side into a narrow canal behind 52nd Street. I suspect you know how narrow those canals are. Backed up, spun on a dime, and out to the bay. You don't need them. You just don't realize it yet. That throttle is your friend, anticipate and don't over correct. Give it some time and soon you, too, will be a pro, just like my 15 year old daughter and wife. The college girl? She ain't getting near the controls! Complete dork as far as operating machinery.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Captain: How's that 232 working out? Great fun, eh? You need to come down to my private river some day. Ask Mark_M what Eric had to say about fins, just before he backed out of a narrow slip with about 2 inches on either side into a narrow canal behind 52nd Street. I suspect you know how narrow those canals are. Backed up, spun on a dime, and out to the bay. You don't need them. You just don't realize it yet. That throttle is your friend, anticipate and don't over correct. Give it some time and soon you, too, will be a pro, just like my 15 year old daughter and wife. The college girl? She ain't getting near the controls! Complete dork as far as operating machinery.
It's working out great. Every single time I have it out someone comments how nice it is. Last week was a guy with an '06 SX230; said he wished he had mine instead. This week was a family who had just bought a Tahoe and said they were cross shopping with Yamaha and decided to go with that instead. The lady almost fell off the dock when my wife told her what we paid for it. She thought it was brand new.

We've only had it in the Patuxent River so far. I've done the public launch a few times and also a private launch. I am essentially an expert on my SeaDoo I've been riding so many years but this boat has really been hit or miss for me. Sometimes I feel like I can spin it on a dime, other times I have a hard time keeping it straight. I will say that with twin engines it helps immensely. Sometimes I'll pull in there looking like a pro, sometimes I look like I have no idea what I'm doing. I think the difference lies in the current/tide of the river and the wind. It's also hard because my wife is trying to take care of the kids while I'm attempting to dock and can only be so much help.

I'd love to take it over to the eastern shore sometime, sounds like a lot of fun. Ever since the first time I went to Ocean City I've wanted to go out on the water there.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Back on the hunt as I’m still having the same issues sometimes but not others. I’d like to try some steering assistance to see if it helps, but not break the bank since I'm already pretty proficient most of the time. I did add Lateral Thrusters last year and those helped to spin the boat nicely but I’m still having trouble docking at times. Now that sometimes I have the ability to let someone else drive the boat, it would be nice to take advantage of it without attempting to give them a seminar on driving it first.

Anybody have a set?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Back on the hunt as I’m still having the same issues sometimes but not others. I’d like to try some steering assistance to see if it helps, but not break the bank since I'm already pretty proficient most of the time. I did add Lateral Thrusters last year and those helped to spin the boat nicely but I’m still having trouble docking at times. Now that sometimes I have the ability to let someone else drive the boat, it would be nice to take advantage of it without attempting to give them a seminar on driving it first.

Anybody have a set?
I have a set of ThrustVector XV (I think) that I took off my ‘11 SX210. I’m pretty sure I have all the bolts and everything. (At least I have a baggy with bolts and stuff in it.... surely I have them all. Lol)

Let me take a couple pics this afternoon and send them.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, I have Thrust Vector XL’s. So, a couple models back.

The newer version I think has a rod across the back to keep the fins straighter. You can see in the pic that these have toe’d in a bit. Not sure if that’s something you could rig up yourself, or if jbp could send you parts to modify. I think with a big crescent wrench you could bend these back straight easy enough.

Let me know what you think. I was kind of thinking $40 plus shipping. They’re light, but box will be good sized as I don’t want to take the fins apart. If the bolts are locktite secured, I’d rather not mess that up. I can get a quote on shipping from the fedex store if you want.

892FE52E-7FF6-4F84-B861-702B9BB4D83B.jpegB9FBCFCA-8B35-4F6A-9DE2-977C3C924047.jpeg2B7C639E-7E52-4452-82C3-64CFC33066E3.jpeg85AFFFA9-5539-4EC9-8523-5B372ABEB184.jpeg97DA56BC-B6DA-4706-B26E-9C9F56A1955A.jpeg4A4B1B0F-6C90-4096-9C31-32E1E169E7E0.jpeg9F4D9D2C-1172-4DD8-9098-54D0CD72E301.jpegB2D4F719-925C-4071-95F6-838F12FEB698.jpeg74B4D6AF-DDEE-4302-90E8-E1B1F7744605.jpegFFA8E27A-8BC7-47D1-A605-21627FB5D289.jpeg