• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

WTF<boat won't start-needs help>

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So today is the day the boat goes in the water. Charged the battery last..key clipped in by the thrittle...battery .switch set to boat battery. Try to start it and NOTHING. No gauge lighting..nothing. ....radio system still works though. PLEASE HELP ASAP !!!!! maybe I am missing something stupid !!!

Clean out hatch closed?
Try reclipping the lanyard.
Make sure batteries have a full charge

Yeah....throttle neutral gets me once in a while!

Edited title (as an fyi-whenever you see <XXX> in a title that means it was edited to add the text between the brackets - usually to make the title clearer)

Is your 4 wire cable hooked up? Is everything on the correct battery post?Did you check your fuse?

That's what it was !!!, thanks guys. Started rt up !!! I was ready to go beast mode on someone !!!!!
Another satisfied and STRESSED relieved member. Gotta love this site!!:) A 2 minute response time. You won't get that at your local dealership no matter how much you pay and this is free.

I'm a totally newbie. First time ever starting it up. Would have never thought of having it in neutral. Guess I can skip the meds for today !!!

I'm a totally newbie. First time ever starting it up. Would have never thought of having it in neutral. Guess I can skip the meds for today !!!
Just change meds to beer and don't skip anything.

#angermanagemwnt. On a quick note does ppl's thrust vectors have a little wiggle to them after install.

Have a great day on the water. Take everything slow on your first day out.

@geiger41 I did the same thing the first day out on our boat. Got it all the way to a buddys lake house, had a beer, went to leave and NOTHING. I was like... wonderful. Buddy came over, asked if it was in neutral... Nope. Problem solved! Felt like a turd with a really nice boat, and no clue!

Are the throttles in neutral. And the hatch by the clean outs closed and secure? Hope this helps.

3898087211909935075_jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.jpg

Damn,
First horse outta the gate!

Only way this gets better is if gieger41 was in the middle of a river, headed towards a waterfall and whipped out his cell phone and got that answer in the nick of time.

Hey, don't laugh, I have it on good authority that the minds behind Jetboaters.net are working on a GPS based emergency messaging system. Next come the drones. :cool:

Will these Drones deliver beer?

Will these Drones deliver beer?
Only in an emergency and they are only capable of a 5 lbs payload so it has to be lite beer.

Seriously though...why would @geiger41 have no lights. The throttle position doesn't affect that. Maybe I read too much into it when he said "No gauge lighting..nothing." Which would lead me to the battery fuses. Yes, great responce time as @Boat Crazy observed. I would still like to see an "on water priority" system in place that would alert the cell phones of those who opted in if at all possible.

Back