• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Y.E.S. Warranty

PGMills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone ever been told that a mechanical part (fuel pump) would not be covered under the extended warranty because the boat had not been used enough? [15 hours on engine] Had the annual maintenance done in June 2020, pandemic hit, took boat out June 2021 - bad fuel pump. $700 for repair. I think it's crazy they can tell you it's not covered because you didn't use your boat enough! Any suggestions, comments, recommendations?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm Never heard of that. You need to bust out the fine print on the warranty.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thats sounds like a bunch of BS. What's next, its not covered because you used it to much.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Is Yamaha saying this or your lazy AF dealer that doesn't want to do paperwork saying this? Also, that sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone ever been told that a mechanical part (fuel pump) would not be covered under the extended warranty because the boat had not been used enough? [15 hours on engine] Had the annual maintenance done in June 2020, pandemic hit, took boat out June 2021 - bad fuel pump. $700 for repair. I think it's crazy they can tell you it's not covered because you didn't use your boat enough! Any suggestions, comments, recommendations?
That sounds fishy to me. I'd take this approach: 1) ask to see this in writing from Yamaha, if that fails 2) ask to speak to a Yamaha Warranty manager directly.

I think your dealer is mistaken. Makes me wonder if they are an official warranty repair shop!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I just read my entire Y.E.S contract. It doesn't list the fuel pump as a wear item, and has no stipulation for non-use., or lack of use. Besides, what if the boat has been on the showroom floor for a year? No warranty because it's been sitting for a year? Total BS. Only states that maintenance and storage procedures should be followed as per the owners manual and documented. BTW, I've never seen a contract that is entirely written in fine print. You need a magnifier to read it. Come on man.

Attachments

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you think dealers could get paid from Yamaha Warranty but tell the customer that they didn't and it wasn't covered to get paid again from the customer?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Do you think dealers could get paid from Yamaha Warranty but tell the customer that they didn't and it wasn't covered to get paid again from the customer?
No doubt. There are auto dealers that do that.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Sounds like a shady dealer to me. I'm not sure how it is in the marine world but I know that in the auto world (at least in Minnesota), dealers don't get as much per hour for warranty work compared billing a customer directly so some dealers will pull some shady tactics.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Sounds like a shady dealer to me. I'm not sure how it is in the marine world but I know that in the auto world (at least in Minnesota), dealers don't get as much per hour for warranty work compared billing a customer directly so some dealers will pull some shady tactics.
Not only is the warranty hourly rate lower, the labor times are about half. Couple that with the fact the the techs are paid flat rate, the customer ends up paying the difference.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Y.E.S claims and coverage number (800) 962-7926. Don’t ask why I know. Sore subject. Ask to see proof that Yamaha denied the claim. Good luck getting parts, they are hard to come by.

PGMills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions.. Our dealer is honest and I trust them. The warranty company denied the claim because while it was not being used the gas varnished and clogged up the fuel pump. Our dealer covered the cost of the fuel pump and we paid labor. I still disagree with the claim being denied and plan to take it up directly with them.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions.. Our dealer is honest and I trust them. The warranty company denied the claim because while it was not being used the gas varnished and clogged up the fuel pump. Our dealer covered the cost of the fuel pump and we paid labor. I still disagree with the claim being denied and plan to take it up directly with them.
Did you put stabil in the tank?

Did the dealer show you the "varnished" gas and the clogged fuel pump?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Y.E.S claims and coverage number (800) 962-7926. Don’t ask why I know. Sore subject. Ask to see proof that Yamaha denied the claim. Good luck getting parts, they are hard to come by.
Unfortunately, because of the parts shortages, my season may be over. I damaged one of my impellers and they are no where to be found. I've been calling all over the country, nada. My dealer says they are 6 weeks out maybe. Maybe I'll get all my mods done in the meantime.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RobbieO That is the first time I saw you mentioned your impellers are damaged. How did this happen? Do you have pictures of the damage?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If you remember my post from earlier this year, I grounded my boat on the maiden voyage. After the Sheriff pulled me off, the starboard engine would barely crank over, and sounded like gravel in there. So I drove back to the dock on the port engine. I must of sucked up a rock and it dislodged itself on the way back in. After that, both engines fired up at the dock. Adjuster came out and examined the boat. He said there was no damage to the grates or pumps, and that I was lucky. After the $6K gelcoat repair, I have taken the boat out 3 times, with no issues. When I brought it in for the 10 hr service, I complained that it felt like I had a bad motor mount. Now they are telling me both impellers are bad. I'm calling BS on that.
Here's what they said they found:

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah now I remember. Wonder why I didn't recall that. The one impellor looks cracked. Can't believe the Adjuster missed all of that.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about aftermarket solas impellers.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you remember my post from earlier this year, I grounded my boat on the maiden voyage. After the Sheriff pulled me off, the starboard engine would barely crank over, and sounded like gravel in there. So I drove back to the dock on the port engine. I must of sucked up a rock and it dislodged itself on the way back in. After that, both engines fired up at the dock. Adjuster came out and examined the boat. He said there was no damage to the grates or pumps, and that I was lucky. After the $6K gelcoat repair, I have taken the boat out 3 times, with no issues. When I brought it in for the 10 hr service, I complained that it felt like I had a bad motor mount. Now they are telling me both impellers are bad. I'm calling BS on that.
Here's what they said they found:
Talk to Impros. I'm no so sure they're a total loss. Glen may have the ability to refurbish them back to spec.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Talk to Impros. I'm no so sure they're a total loss. Glen may have the ability to refurbish them back to spec.
Thanks for your help! I’ll contact them tomorrow!