• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 10 Hours Service in DFW

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beside Phil Dills, do you guys know where else I can bring my boat for 10 hours service? Called Phil Dills today and they say it would take over 10 days for the service.
Boat has 12 hours now and wife wanted to go to the lake this Sunday to make up for the Memorial Weekend. (Rained) So I can't leave it there for 10+days.
Would it be OK to go over a few hours before the service?

Thanks in advance!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ran into the same issue when I crossed 10 hours. Luckily I got mine done in like March before the season started. I think I only had like 8 hours at that time, but wanted to make sure I was ahead of the crowd.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most dealerships will say 10-20 hrs. I had mine done at 18. I would call the dealership and see what they say.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He just said do it as soon as possible.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless you plan on putting on a bunch of hours, I would not let it stop me from a boating weekend.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unless you plan on putting on a bunch of hours, I would not let it stop me from a boating weekend.
Not at all. But 10+ days without the boat is torture. :)
Oh well, I think I'll live.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The service is not that difficult. Why not change the oil yourself. We on the forum can help you through the procedure. Do you have the equipment to suck out the oil?

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The service is not that difficult. Why not change the oil yourself. We on the forum can help you through the procedure. Do you have the equipment to suck out the oil?
I will be doing my own service after this. But as of the 10hours, I'd rather let them check it out just to make sure everything is running right. And to point out a few things that needs to be looked at.
For $375, I will be doing it myself for sure after this one. :)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Your going to want to add grease to the intermediate bearing housings, lube the linkages, change oil/filter/sparkplugs, and check for obvious fasteners that may be loose. Phil Dill is an excellent dealer and service facility and Toby Blackney is the service manager. He will take excellent care of you. But you are in the busy season, so getting in the pipeline is the biggest issue.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am about to do this service myself very soon....gotta ask though where are "the intermediate bearing housings, the linkages, and fasteners"..sorry but I have no clue really what/where these are located

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
They are right behind on the back of the motor, on the shaft assembly. There is a zerk fitting that you pump into. I have to run an errand, but hopefully either someone else will provide a little guidance or I will when we get back from dinner. It is an easy thing to do.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
perfect going to get my oil extractor tomorrow and then ill do all the 10 hr stuff....

CTC386

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there special grease needed for the "intermediate bearing housings, the linkages, and fasteners"? Any pics would be amazing. Also, any special spark plugs? Which obvious fasteners do we need to check for tightness? Do they have to be torqued to a specific ft/lb?

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Toby Blackney is the service manager. He will take excellent care of you.
Wait...what? Toby is the SERVICE manager now? When did that happen?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@maboat Yep, he has been in that seat since before Phil sold the dealership I think last year. I lose track, it could have been longer. He is doing a great job and the department is running better than I remember ever.

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how bout some pics of that intermediate, anyone?

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beside Phil Dills, do you guys know where else I can bring my boat for 10 hours service? Called Phil Dills today and they say it would take over 10 days for the service.
Boat has 12 hours now and wife wanted to go to the lake this Sunday to make up for the Memorial Weekend. (Rained) So I can't leave it there for 10+days.
Would it be OK to go over a few hours before the service?

Thanks in advance!
I let them do my 10 hr and the wait was about the same. For me the biggest deal breaker is the 1 hr drove over to drop off, the 1 hr drive back home, the 1 hr drive to pick it up, and the 1 hr drive back. 4 hrs of drive time. I've done all of my maintenance since then. It's a no brainer.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a question @Kevin107. Can you make the appointment and drop your boat off the day or two before or does the boat have to be on their lot for 10 days? That way if you don't get your boat there they can just go to the next customer. No loss for them.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here is the intermediate bearing housing and I circled the zerk fitting.
SAM_0078.JPG

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there special grease needed for the "intermediate bearing housings, the linkages, and fasteners"? Any pics would be amazing. Also, any special spark plugs? Which obvious fasteners do we need to check for tightness? Do they have to be torqued to a specific ft/lb?
Same as Yamalube, but a bit cheaper:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GDGALHW/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Check every single nut and bolt you can find. And be forewarned that some you can't see (think handrails) will be/come loose.