• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 195S passenger seat

JayB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
When rotated rearward, is it the same height as the port bench seat and does it touch the it? In other words, can you spin the seat facing rearward sit in it and easily rest your legs on the port bench?
Thanks
Jay

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I can confirm the seat will turn 90° to face the helm when positioned correctly. If it is adjusted too far back, it wont clear the gunnel. I never tried to go any further than 90. I am pretty sure the seat is the same height as the rear.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On our 07 AR230, we had a bench seat on the port side, but the helm seat will rotate 180° to face the stern. I needed to adjust the seat slide mechanism forward so the back of the seat clears the internal hull liner and upholstry during the rotation. Then readjust the slide as needed.

Last edited:

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Y
When rotated rearward, is it the same height as the port bench seat and does it touch the it? In other words, can you spin the seat facing rearward sit in it and easily rest your legs on the port bench?
Thanks
Jay
affirmative. We do it often when spotting

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes that's the intention of the swivel. But as mentioned you need to slide the seat forward on it's mount so it clears the side when turning and then slide it forward again when locked at 180. There's a 180 degree swivel lock at that position too. We do the same on our 212s from time to time. The pilot chair can also swivel 180 but you need to remove the stop bolt so it can turn. I believe the stop bolt is there as a safety feature to prevent the pilot chair from turning into the throttles, but you can easily remove it and the chair mount also has a 180 degree swivel lock. You need to slide it forward too to clear the throttles and steering wheel.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks
Jay
Finally got to my boat....

Attachments

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

JayB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you everyone.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Congratulations! We usually put a soft cooler between the copilot seat and the bench seat.
We do the same thing - great location to keep it out of the way when cruising around.