• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 19ft wake booster surf kit

mercerj19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has any one tried out the Yamaha 19ft wake booster surf kit I would really like to hear some reviews before I purchased it since it’s 1200 dollars thank you!

Justin2431

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like it. A little expensive. The booster cleans the wake up a lot. I use the bags for wake boarding also.

mercerj19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Have you tried the thrust vector? I was thinking about doing this as well to the boat?

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have it. Way to expensive but it works. I added a 400 lbs tank to my cockpit. Everyone has different set ups they like. I run my two blocks on the back in each corner and then I fill that 400 lb tank on the floor (not in the ski locker) towards surf side. I can go ropeless as can both my sons (who are smaller). It isn't a 8000 lbs Malibu Boat, but it works for us. We ski, kneeboard, and wakeboard as well.

The one thing I would like to try is adding weight to the front. I would also like to try that new HO Hovercraft waterski (big fat wide body ski) on a really short line rope like the surf rope. I wouldn't be looking to surf but just play (jump wake, carve hard, etc..).

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm waiting for 195S, but assume i'll be getting the thrust vectors from what i've been reading. I'm wondering if i need the lateral kit also???

Cuso316

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I emailed them the same question and recv'd this response........

Yes, you would need the new Thrust Vector L and Lateral Thruster 2.0
Here is a short video explaining both products

--

Kim Nolen
Customer Service Representative
JetBoatPilot.com
850-867-1410
jbpkimn@gmail.com

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length

TXsweetcheeks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We just got our boat 3 weeks ago and our kit came in.
Does anyone recommend/not recommend drilling the holes in the back of the boat to attach hooks to secure the bags?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just got our boat 3 weeks ago and our kit came in.
Does anyone recommend/not recommend drilling the holes in the back of the boat to attach hooks to secure the bags?
If you are going to use the Yamaha 200lb cubes on the swim deck as the advertised locations, then yes absolutely. The supplied "dogbone" mounts work very well with the straps on the bags. The supplied screws in the kit worked well for me. The paper template in the kit for locating the mounts isn't the best, but you can figure that out. When drilling the fiberglass, remember to use painters tape and also run the drill bit backwards at first to start the hole.

I will tell you from personal experience that other DIY strap/rope systems don't work as well and those 200lb blocks are really unstable on the swim deck under any speed. You don't want to be wrestling with that thing in the water when it falls off the deck (ask me how I know).

TXsweetcheeks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm waiting for 195S, but assume i'll be getting the thrust vectors from what i've been reading. I'm wondering if i need the lateral kit also???
Our dealer said we don't really need the thrust vectors. Can anyone with 2022 195s weigh in on why he might tell us that?

TXsweetcheeks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If you are going to use the Yamaha 200lb cubes on the swim deck as the advertised locations, then yes absolutely. The supplied "dogbone" mounts work very well with the straps on the bags. The supplied screws in the kit worked well for me. The paper template in the kit for locating the mounts isn't the best, but you can figure that out. When drilling the fiberglass, remember to use painters tape and also run the drill bit backwards at first to start the hole.

I will tell you from personal experience that other DIY strap/rope systems don't work as well and those 200lb blocks are really unstable on the swim deck under any speed. You don't want to be wrestling with that thing in the water when it falls off the deck (ask me how I know).
Thanks for the info! We are actually taking it to our dealer today to have him install the hooks just wanted to get additional feedback on doing it. Thank you!!

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Our dealer said we don't really need the thrust vectors. Can anyone with 2022 195s weigh in on why he might tell us that?
Technically, it is a true statement. You don't "need" to add steering assist fins to use the boat. You also don't "need" to do other upgrades either, but most people do.

In my opinion, these boats absolutely benefit from steering assist fins (most especially at low speed maneuvering around docks or in current). I'm certain that I would not have been able to get into some tight docking spaces without those fins helping out. Either of the two known systems will be a great addition to your boat (either Thrust Vectors or Cobra). Both are good at what they do, you'll get a Chevy vs Ford debate here about which one to choose.

You should probably take the boat out a few times and see how you like the factory steering. Maybe it'll be enough for you. If you feel like the boat needs more help, then install some fins. Aside from the cost there is no real downside. Personally for me, it is one of the first upgrades I always recommend.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Our dealer installed the dog bones free of charge as part of the dealer prep. It was a nice surprise

TXsweetcheeks

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Our dealer installed the dog bones free of charge as part of the dealer prep. It was a nice surprise
We just got them installed today courtesy from our dealer. Very nice surprise!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can only speak from the experience that I don’t have them and only driven stock 195s. I have absolutely no issues. It just takes getting to know your boat.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well if you are using wake making devices You would do better using the super ultimate ak-19 deluxe on the new style 19 foot boats and do not mess with those new nozzles for reverse because the new nozzles have a balanced angled reverse that works very well. Cobra steering has adjustments to let you fine tune the system to your personal needs and it is tempered aluminum no plastic parts ,no water skies and it does not need any kick stands. Plus it provides steering at all speeds , and you can keep control of your boat while in wind waves and strong currents even maintain control while rapidly decelerating and turning . Do your research .

Attachments