• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2009 AR 230 HO

WayneVA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all. I recently bought a Yamaha 2009 ar230 HO with only 100hrs on it. I was on my way in from the river and the creek use to get home is narrow and shallow. I was coming around a turn and another boat was stopped and waving there hands like they needed help and I didnt pay attention to where I was and stopped my boat to see if I could help them and I got stuck. So i'm sure I sucked some mud. Flushed out the motors really good and went out the next day and it made a little bit of noise but once driving for a few all noise went away.
After boat sat for 2 weeks now the last 2 times I have taken it out the starboard motor doesn't want to start and when it does start it makes some noise like something is moving. But once I get moving a little it clears up and acts like nothing has happend. Wondering if something could be stuck somewhere or clogged lines?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a similar boat. I would try to get on some open water and run it at higher rpms (7-8k). As long as it does not overheat, that should help flush the motors. Also, make sure there is no debris in the impellers.

WayneVA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you. It does run fine once in water for a few. Only have the issues when starting up. I’m going to check the impellers in a few days. I will respond if I find something. Thinks again