• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 220 questions

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Couple things I noticed on the 220 models...can anyone confirm these...

1. It appears all 220 models now have seat bottom cushions on the swim deck. Comparing the pics of the different models, it looks like they can vary in thickness. I don't trust the pics on their website however, because the thickness of the AR220 cushions appears thicker than the 220SE which would not make sense.

2. Does the AR220 now have dual captains chairs? This would be a nice change, but I am not sure I trust the Seating Chart pic for the AR220. They could have just used the same pic for all of the models.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The AR220 has a bench seat still.

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Love the color schemes for 2022. However, it looks like the seating behind the captains chairs was reduced a decent amount. Not sure you are seating two people on either side anymore. Just looks small and cramped. One of the negatives of the Yamaha (I currently own a Scarab) is they put too much space in the bow and not enough in the main cockpit where it is more useful. Scarab puts more in the main cockpit and less in the bow. I am always toying with the idea of going back to a Yamaha, but there is alway something that keeps me from pulling the trigger.

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
The AR220 has a bench seat still.
Ok so that is an error. I wonder if all of the 220 models have seat bottom cushions or if that is an error as well.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok so that is an error. I wonder if all of the 220 models have seat bottom cushions or if that is an error as well.
That is an error as well. The AR220 has no cushions. You can see this in the videos. Multiple errors still on the website. Hopefully they will resolve this quickly.

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know what these are? I cannot figure it out. They are on both sides of the boat.

1661280631958.png

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Love the color schemes for 2022. However, it looks like the seating behind the captains chairs was reduced a decent amount. Not sure you are seating two people on either side anymore. Just looks small and cramped. One of the negatives of the Yamaha (I currently own a Scarab) is they put too much space in the bow and not enough in the main cockpit where it is more useful.
Thats the reason Im stuck in my 21 and haven't moved to a 24. I was hoping that would be addressed in the 2023 but it went in the other direction.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Love the color schemes for 2022. However, it looks like the seating behind the captains chairs was reduced a decent amount. Not sure you are seating two people on either side anymore. Just looks small and cramped. One of the negatives of the Yamaha (I currently own a Scarab) is they put too much space in the bow and not enough in the main cockpit where it is more useful. Scarab puts more in the main cockpit and less in the bow. I am always toying with the idea of going back to a Yamaha, but there is alway something that keeps me from pulling the trigger.
I actually like the redesigned cockpit area on the 22' boats. I agree, though, it would be an even better boat with a smaller bow seating and a larger cockpit! :winkingthumbsup"

Jim