• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 255 xd

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Aloha everyone! I just put a deposit for the new 2022 255 xd i was looking to find some 2021 owners that can give their insights on it??
I live in Maui Hawaii and after an extensive research we come down that the 255 xd will be the best fit to our needs and will perform better than other boats on chop water.
Any info insights or experiences from owners and non owners are more than welcome!

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Talking about surf boat , since that is what we wanted, we are aware that fishing and center console boats will be the way to go but not what we looking at

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you want pure surf - I don't think I would buy a Yamaha. Plenty of better options for surfing. The Yamaha is a jack of all trades, and can do surfing decent, but it is not a Nautique or Mailbu.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you want pure surf - I don't think I would buy a Yamaha. Plenty of better options for surfing. The Yamaha is a jack of all trades, and can do surfing decent, but it is not a Nautique or Mailbu.
I dont think there would be manu lakes in Hawaii, and living on an island unless you want to be landlock Nautique or a Malibu would be worthless, even the salt water editions will sink like a brick in the ocean, living in an island and watersport the yamaha will be perfect it doesnt do everything great but just good enough

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I guess Adrian already answer for me!!!
Not just surf, we need an all around boat to go snorkeling, free diving and even island hopping.
There is no lakes or inlets in maui, so boating will be pure and eclusively on the open ocean. We have done a huge research and even if we liked the mastercraft, centurion and supreme, they big down side was price (mastercraft and centurion 180k plus) we were really concern about the salt water.
After talking to several dealers and boat owners we conclude that non of those boats was build to a maui environment and they will deteriorate way to quick.
Yamaha even if it isn't the best wake, we believe is the best fit for our conditions, maintenance will be easier, and will give us that versatility we need.
The fun thing is we came down to the conclusion that we not gonna have all we want so we have to settle for the best and more all around option.
I guess you can always add extra ballast to keep trying make that wake better, anyone had any kind of experience on making the 255dx wave a bit better?

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I think you may be waiting for some time to get that boat. Can’t say this as 100% fact but based on other posts on this forum I’m led to believe that the XD’s are on back order due to difficulty sourcing parts for the Drive system. I’m in a similar situation. We opted for the XE vs the XD simply for the fact of how many people were ahead of us for that model vs the XE and I really want to get on the lake this summer. Currently I’m next in line for the 255 XE but that’s been the story for 2 months now. Placed the deposit in early January. Hope I’m wrong and hope you get your boat soon!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I guess Adrian already answer for me!!!
Not just surf, we need an all around boat to go snorkeling, free diving and even island hopping.
There is no lakes or inlets in maui, so boating will be pure and eclusively on the open ocean. We have done a huge research and even if we liked the mastercraft, centurion and supreme, they big down side was price (mastercraft and centurion 180k plus) we were really concern about the salt water.
After talking to several dealers and boat owners we conclude that non of those boats was build to a maui environment and they will deteriorate way to quick.
Yamaha even if it isn't the best wake, we believe is the best fit for our conditions, maintenance will be easier, and will give us that versatility we need.
The fun thing is we came down to the conclusion that we not gonna have all we want so we have to settle for the best and more all around option.
I guess you can always add extra ballast to keep trying make that wake better, anyone had any kind of experience on making the 255dx wave a bit better?
That makes sense, you probably have a good choice then.

I don't know of anyone that has even recieved that model boat. Finding someone that has modded it is going to be even more difficult.

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think you may be waiting for some time to get that boat. Can’t say this as 100% fact but based on other posts on this forum I’m led to believe that the XD’s are on back order due to difficulty sourcing parts for the Drive system. I’m in a similar situation. We opted for the XE vs the XD simply for the fact of how many people were ahead of us for that model vs the XE and I really want to get on the lake this summer. Currently I’m next in line for the 255 XE but that’s been the story for 2 months now. Placed the deposit in early January. Hope I’m wrong and hope you get your boat soon!
I agree, i had been looking all over the USA for this boat, i only found 1 2021 available and seller won't sell out of state. I called yamaha corporate offices and they have told me they will start production of the 2022 on june and first delivery's are spectres to be anywhere from late july to october.
Im ordering with lynnwood motoplex since they are right by seattle port making my shipping a bit more affordable. They believe they will have it by August and I am 2ed in line. But I am aware that can be up to December. I guess I will have to wait, Covid times has inflict big time over production and inventory, is just what it is.
Please keep me updated on any news you get regarding your boat or expected delivery hope is soon!!!

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
That makes sense, you probably have a good choice then.

I don't know of anyone that has even recieved that model boat. Finding someone that has modded it is going to be even more difficult.
Yeah I guess is gonna take a while and might even be one of the first ones to do it!
That's why I wanted to start this thread to see if anyone on this community had anything to share!!!

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Check out www.wakewedge.surf here in a few days. We will be starting the pre-order for the new 25 series fatsac ballast bags for the transom. @jcyamaharider is busy working with fatsac on getting this into production soon.

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Will do thanks for the info!

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Whatever you do dont buy the old hull you will regret iy, yeah yeah i know it still a great boat, i had a 2019 and i just got back from the ocean the new hull is night and day, but thats just my opinion after owning 3 yamaha, hell my 07 230 handdled the chop better than my 2019.

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
What colors are the 2022 going to be? Or have they said yet? We are in line for a 2021 xd. I wanted a XE but they are only getting a few and they are all spoken for.

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best guestimate is July or August to find out colors, models and spec's. Although this not a normal year.

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
What colors are the 2022 going to be? Or have they said yet? We are in line for a 2021 xd. I wanted a XE but they are only getting a few and they are all spoken for.
No information yet regarding 2022 colors, they did say they are changing but won't know till end of June/July. How long you been waiting for a 2021? Any update on expected delivery time?

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Talked to them today. I’m now number 7 on the list with a January sign up. They had one xd come in this week he thought.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Aloha everyone! I just put a deposit for the new 2022 255 xd i was looking to find some 2021 owners that can give their insights on it??
I live in Maui Hawaii and after an extensive research we come down that the 255 xd will be the best fit to our needs and will perform better than other boats on chop water.
Any info insights or experiences from owners and non owners are more than welcome!
Have you considered the Cobalt? It’s a bit more expensive but throws a much better wake and can handle the chop.

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Talked to them today. I’m now number 7 on the list with a January sign up. They had one xd come in this week he thought.
a
Crazy dealer didn't mentioned anything about anyone waiting on 21s. Please keep any updates posted and hope you get your boat anytime soon!

dapowerelectric

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Have you considered the Cobalt? It’s a bit more expensive but throws a much better wake and can handle the chop.
I did look into their website but haven't really got hooked on it, what's your experience? Do you own a cobalt? Model? How much more? I'm open to look at it!!

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I did look into their website but haven't really got hooked on it, what's your experience? Do you own a cobalt? Model? How much more? I'm open to look at it!!
I currently own a 2016 Limited SE and have ordered the 2021 255 XE.

A couple of years ago, I looked into Cobalt surf series and what stopped me from getting one are: 1) the desire / need to boat in shallow waters, 2) price - I should’ve probably led with this one lol

Cobalt is one of the high end boats. Their surf series use the Volvo front drive and, to me knowledge, have the deepest hull in the wake surf category

Definitely worth looking into.