• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR195 vs AR210

Brandon2799

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m new to boating. My wife and I are looking at jet boats for us and our theee children. We have narrowed our search down to a Yamaha.

Would you recommend the AR195 or AR210? I like the extra HP and single engine in the 195 but love the size and bells and whistles in the 210.

Also, working with the dealer, the best pricing I’m getting is $750 off MSRP. Is this common with Yamaha boats? Trying to understand what I should be paying for the boats. Thanks!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yamaha doesn't treat their boat price like other boat manufacturer's. They stick close to MSRP but dealer usually can throw in some extras to make the price a little easier to swallow. Those extras do cost several hundred dollars to get a new boater up and going with all the gear you and your family will need. Get them to toss in life jackets, fenders, dock lines, discount off covers or anchor kits, etc.

For your family, kids grow fast so you may want the room more than the oomph over time. That being said many people on here have several people a s kids onboard the 19' boats with their families and it's just fine for them. I've had 3 adults and two teenagers + gear on mine and it wasn't cramped feeling. It all depends on the trade off you want to take. More speed with sportier handling, easier towing and small garage capability .....or more space at the cost of slower speeds, better rough water handling but harder to tow and store in a garage. With twin engines you get some extra piece of mind if one engine goes down for some reason. But it has Connext and frankly it just seems like a pain more than the pretty display is worth. Their are still issues they have to work out so it's an iterative thing with Connext. I prefer K.I.S.S. when it comes to gauges and electronics on these toys. Tough choice you have to make.

Last edited:

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you roll in to a dealer right now .... should you expect to pay MSRP? I know Yamaha has a few pretty nice deals going right now like $2k off list or extended warranty and such. But is that all one should expect to get in prime season?

Brandon2799

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks you both for the feedback. I’m being told the 19 and 21 foot boats only have a $750 discount off MSRP. What else should I expect from a dealer on a new boat purchase? I’ve never bought a boat direct from a dealer so I have no idea what to expect or what to push them for.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Honestly if you have room to store a 21’ I would go that way. That is the only reason I ended up with a AR195 as I will never own a boat that I can’t keep at my house inside. My parents had a boat and a place to store it only a few miles away however it was a huge pain.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you saying the promo on the following link is for only for $750
THIS LINK

Brandon2799

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Live in Michigan. I’ve seen that link DogDad. It’s up to $2,000 on select models. I believe the 24’ boats have a $2,000 incentive? I don’t believe the 19 and 21 foot boats do...?

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was hoping to refer you to my dealer here in Dallas. I can tell you I used the 4.99% finance offer and my dealer threw in a coast guard kit with 6 nice fenders and 6 yellow jackets (basic ones to pass inspections) and the upgraded factory Yamaha cover not the crappy white transport cover it comes with as well as an anchor and some tow lines and dock lines. Good deal in my opinion. Good luck with your purchase

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
unfortunately the economy has improved some and from what I'm seeing deals on boats are hard to come by this year as the new boat sales market is having one of it's best years in almost a decade from the stats I saw a month ago. Right now getting much less then msrp seems to be tough as these dealers are moving inventory so they can hold prices. If you are being quoted $750 below msrp and that is including freight and prep you are doing pretty good if it doesn't include freight and prep then that seems to be pretty close to the average right now. I bought my 2017 AR240 last year for $3500 below msrp out the door including tax and all fee's and a 4 year warranty. I recommended a friend of mine to the same dealer this year and they wouldn't budge from msrp plus freight, prep and tax which is almost which is almost $6500 more then I paid for my boat 1 year ago.

Brandon2799

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks again everyone. Price is $750 off MSRP plus destination and dealer fees. I’ll see if I can get some goodies thrown in to help me out. Bad timing but I’m okay with that. I’ll keep you posted on my decision and will get some photos of the boat!

Also, I’m looking to add on the two speakers to the tower, upgraded interior speakers, amplifier, subwoofer, and the dual battery kit. I want to say I was quoted around $3,300 or $3,600 for this. Should I have the dealer install? I don’t know much about boat wiring so I would need a professional to take care of it for me. Thanks!

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks again everyone. Price is $750 off MSRP plus destination and dealer fees. I’ll see if I can get some goodies thrown in to help me out. Bad timing but I’m okay with that. I’ll keep you posted on my decision and will get some photos of the boat!

Also, I’m looking to add on the two speakers to the tower, upgraded interior speakers, amplifier, subwoofer, and the dual battery kit. I want to say I was quoted around $3,300 or $3,600 for this. Should I have the dealer install? I don’t know much about boat wiring so I would need a professional to take care of it for me. Thanks!
I would try to find an audio shop near you most will do marine applications as well. Remember buy your second boat first. You’ll save a ton of money that way.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you roll in to a dealer right now .... should you expect to pay MSRP? I know Yamaha has a few pretty nice deals going right now like $2k off list or extended warranty and such. But is that all one should expect to get in prime season?
I'm so new to my Yamaha I'm not sure my advice is worthwhile. However, I purchased an AR240 a few weeks ago. I'm a family of 5 like you and got the AR240 to make sure I had enough room for my kids friends (teens). I paid MSRP and can confirm that the market is not very soft. I did however get a $1000 accessories credit. You can outfit all the basics with that (anchor, lines, etc.). Maybe ask them to sweeten the deal and give accessories to you at cost. Or, do what I did and blow $900 of it on the deluxe cover (unbelievably expensive but it is a REALLY nice cover). I already had the basic stuff from my last boat. The white shipping cover mine came with is not really that bad, make sure you get it. Personally I would not buy a wakeboard rack, etc. from the dealer, get them from Monster Tower or someplace else and pay about $100 less.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
do you have to buy new? with a little bit patiance you can get a really good used and some $5K+ easily

Bananas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a friend at a dealer ship that a bunch of us bought Quads, Skis and Boats from and I was looking for a new boat and my disc was
to be 3388.00, off a AR210 2018 just to give you guys a heads up...

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
When I was looking to get out of my 18 4winns, I was ready to buy the 19. I got into it and saw it had more room than my 4winns but as soon as my wife, son and his friend got into it I saw the same space issues coming into play quickly. We got in the 21 and it was a totally different situation space wise and I went with it. That being said now that my son is 19 and his friends are adults the cabin shrinks quickly with their gear and coolers. If you have the storage space and can cover the price difference you wont be disappointed with the 21. Once you master the twin engines you will be happy you have them

Last edited:

Midnight2V

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you want more oomph than what the 210 has this year, take a look at the 212. I'm not sure how much more it s compared to the 210, but it has the 1.8L HO 4-cylinder engines as opposed to the TR-1 3-cylinders. From what I understand, the 1.8 HO makes just under 180hp while the TR-1 makes roughly 130hp if I'm not mistaken. With a twin setup that is a big step up.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After searching this forum and reading all the legit threads I've learned two things.... 1. Buy more boat than you think you need or at a minimum demo with your typical payload in the boat. 2. Plan to buy your boat by taking possession off-season and preferably via sweet deal at a boat show.

As for going used... there are just so many updates that have me leaning toward new.... better fuel economy, significant improvements in handling, reduced engine noise, extended warranty and no previous wear and tear on the boat or trailer. That being said if you find a motivated seller and the price is right it might make sense. I like to assign a value to the things mentioned above to see how great a used price actually is.

MariusD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Remember that it'll most likely be not just you and your kids that will want to go out on the boat, but also a friend or two. That's where every inch of extra comfort will count. I think you get at least the 21ft if not a 24 already. Also, dual engine redundancy I think it very nice when you're carrying precious cargo. ;)