• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha dealer pricing

Adubbs76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I went to a local fall boat show in MA this AM. I was surprised to see they had a 2017 AR190 for the low price of $33,999. But a show special for only $32,999. I asked what made this boat so much more than the Yamaha MSRP. He said they add a boat cover that is $1,000 and the freight is about $1,500 and then dealer prep. Does this seem normal? I would think dealer prep and freight should be around 1k tops? I mean normal freight on a new car is only around $700. Not to mention this is a left over.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I paid a little under MSRP for mine with none of those bogus fees.... My local dealership wanted to include crap like that so I went to another dealership a few hours away

Shop around before you buy

adam72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Freight and dealer prep is a lot more on boats. $1500 and up...
Make a serious offer and play hardball. No dealer wants to store a leftover, they want to make room for the 2018's.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw a 2018 a couple weeks ago, nice boat show deal of $2K over MSRP - ha.

GWC69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah its now a leftover model being a 2017 it should be below sticker.
I mean otherwise why not buy a 2018 model.
Only way I would buy a 17 would be for a few thousand under sticker out the door with the cover .

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You should get MSRP plus a lot of extras thrown in for free, I'm in mass so depending on who you went to you will get screwed. I got and upgraded trailer, mooring cover, full coast guard package, upgraded speakers and more for MSRP.

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went to a local fall boat show in MA this AM. I was surprised to see they had a 2017 AR190 for the low price of $33,999. But a show special for only $32,999. I asked what made this boat so much more than the Yamaha MSRP. He said they add a boat cover that is $1,000 and the freight is about $1,500 and then dealer prep. Does this seem normal? I would think dealer prep and freight should be around 1k tops? I mean normal freight on a new car is only around $700. Not to mention this is a left over.
I was at the Wilmington boat show also. Briefly talked with the Irwin Marine Yamaha dealer. Told him I was offered the same boat in August at his Laconia NH location for $29499. The salesperson I dealt with in August was not at the show. Twin City Marine in Central Falls RI has 2 2018 SX190's for the full delivered price of $28999

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
33000 for a leftover ar240 is way too high.
1000 for a cover? You get the shipping cover free.
A deluxe cover for a 240 or 242 is 700 to 800 bucks.
Go to Twin City Marine, really great family there. When i lived up there i delt with them many times for all my marine side work

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
33000 for a leftover ar240 is way too high.
1000 for a cover? You get the shipping cover free.
A deluxe cover for a 240 or 242 is 700 to 800 bucks.
Go to Twin City Marine, really great family there. When i lived up there i delt with them many times for all my marine side work
Think you mean 190. 33k for a 2017 would be a hell of a deal.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bought my 2017 boat under MSRP and I even talked them into giving me special pricing on my deluxe premium cover.

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Should have mentioned I bought a 17 ar240 about 1.5 months ago think I paid about 5k under msrp.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's important to note what people are actually paying. Saying you paid 3k under MSRP, or whatever is a very broad statement. Did you pay that out the door, or just for the boat before everything else? And what is the tax rate?

I paid $42500 for my SX210 OTD, however that included 7% tax, upgraded trailer, mooring cover, YES Warranty, pre-paid maintence (that they matched), and a ton of other accessories.

If you want to get technical, the invoice price of the boat was around 37 (3k under sticker).

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was that an OTD price? If not, that's obviously not a good deal, but not every dealer has their boats priced to move especially if they are not large volume dealers. They know most people don't like negotiating and not many sales companies would be in business if they listed everything at their bottom dollar.

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's important to note what people are actually paying. Saying you paid 3k under MSRP, or whatever is a very broad statement. Did you pay that out the door, or just for the boat before everything else? And what is the tax rate?

I paid $42500 for my SX210 OTD, however that included 7% tax, upgraded trailer, mooring cover, YES Warranty, pre-paid maintence (that they matched), and a ton of other accessories.

If you want to get technical, the invoice price of the boat was around 37 (3k under sticker).
Uh MSRP never includes tax for anyone. So saying I paid 5k under MSRP is the same across the board for everyone. MSRP doesn’t vary by state.

MSRP + tax/fees = OTD. I paid 5k under MSRP w/mooring + tax. My tax rate doesn’t matter to him.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think the concern is for inflated elements to be included with a good deal, that may end up making it an Ok or crappy deal in the end.

I.e. awesome price under msrp, but total low-ball on trade, and overpriced maintenance and cover at inflated cost.

Knowing all factors can help qualify exceptional deals to make sure they would apply in someone else's situation.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Untill the OP comes back and chimes is we will never know what that "Deal" was or included.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Uh MSRP never includes tax for anyone. So saying I paid 5k under MSRP is the same across the board for everyone. MSRP doesn’t vary by state.

MSRP + tax/fees = OTD. I paid 5k under MSRP w/mooring + tax. My tax rate doesn’t matter to him.
Of course tax doesn't matter to him directly, but if people just throw out numbers with out meaning, it helps no one. Three people can say they paid 45k for a 50k boat (5 under MSRP), however all three could have actually paid different prices. One paid 45k for the boat before anything else, another 45k with all accessories and warranty but not including fees or taxes, and another paid 45k for everything OTD. At the end of the day OTD prices should include your tax rate so he can calculate what is fair... or you say what you paid before taxes... but most people only remember what the total OTD was.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Regardless of what your tax rate is between states we are only talking a few hundred bucks difference not thousands. OTD with what was included is all that matters to me.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This discussion is getting a little off course, individual OTD pricing is just like MSRP - a very rough guesstimate (at best) for what a person may need to pay a dealership for a given boat.
The dealer stock/inventory (what's currently in his yard as well as what he wants there) will have a major impact on what a particular vessel is worth to them!

--