• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha fx svho 2015 limping mode

Fx jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Hi guys,
I need some help. I have a yamaha fx cruiser svho 2015, it has 250hours on the clock, service done 25 h ago, clutch 40h ago. Mostly stock, rive intaje, intake grate, solas prop. It was running with no problem before with these changes.
After riding for 20-30 min the rpm drop to around 5000.if you let it cool down back to 7500 max. No alarms are coming up. The reduced rpm come gradually down, 7000 to 6500 them 6000 until 4500-5000. I checked the clutch immediately after runing and it turn only in one direction. Ideling all normal. Starting all normal. If i acellerate it tries to go but as soon it goes over 5000 it does back and reacts sluggish. This is now happening since the last 5h running.
Please Could you give me some ideas what to check?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think you have a limp mode problem. Limp mode is where the computer limits the rpms in order to protect something (overheat, etc.). Were it limp mode, you would be at 7500 and then 'bang' suddenly at 4000 rpm (or whatever speed). Gradual coming down in rpm makes me think you have an engine issue (rather than a computer issue). Is there a fuel filter? Maybe it is getting clogged? Or bad gas? Temp sensor (not adjusting the mix as the engine heats up)?

Doesn't sound like clutch (the rpms would stay the same and the speed would go down). Nor plugs (then rpms would just never get up there). Nor impeller (the sluggishness would not go away when you cooled down).

So those are my initial bets: fuel filter, gas, temp sensor.

Hope that helps some.