• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Gold Package

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Working on a 2021 AR210 pre-order. There is a gold package that includes anchors, bumpers, nice vests, lines, and a premium cover for $1699. I assume that’s not a terrific deal. Already paying sticker plus $2800 in freight and dealer prep. I welcome any advice...

thank you

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good anchor, $120, good lines $200, bumbers $50, Cover ~$800, good vests, $40-50 each.
Ease of getting all in one shot, priceless? Maybe
my .02¢
Pun intended! Lol 🤣

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Those "packages" are typically something the dealers put together. On occasion there is a stereo "pack" offered by Yamaha, but thats about it. Your best bet is to look up all those parts individually and see what their prices are. I suspect that you won't find you are getting a discount.

It will be like the "true coat" from the movie Fargo.....

If it weren't such a dealer/seller market, I'd say push to get the cover included in the price....but this year I'll bet they'd chuckle at you.

One member posted that his dealer was rude and said something like "don't even talk to me about not paying MSRP"

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh....and its all in WHAT they give you.

You can buy cheap $20 bumpers or nice color coordinated $80 bumpers. Cheap fluke anchor, or nice box anchor. Nice nylon double braided lines or cheap plastic braid crap.....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good anchor, $120, good lines $200, bumbers $50, Cover ~$800, good vests, $40-50 each.
Ease of getting all in one shot, priceless? Maybe
my .02¢
Pun intended! Lol 🤣
Where are you shopping at? That’s not a great deal. Buy four bungee lines $70, bumpers $25 each, life vest $40 each from sams or Costco or spend $60 elsewhere, covers are $650.

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you. Very helpful. I got my preorder for the AR210 complete today. I was told I could expect it in the Spring. I’m excited to be a new boat owner!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did they give you a deal on the boat at least or are they still in the mindset of getting over MSRP?

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You’ll like the 210 too. I owned a 2012 and served our family well. Now it’s time to upgrade.

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
That’s a really good question. I paid MSRP - no dealer freight and no delivery - but a $500 registration fee for tags. It was a discount from ask - but sticker in my opinion.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya I agree, dealers are trying to tell you you’re saving thousands and then laugh as you walk out the door.

beb0102

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I think that’s the right summary.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where are you shopping at? That’s not a great deal. Buy four bungee lines $70, bumpers $25 each, life vest $40 each from sams or Costco or spend $60 elsewhere, covers are $650.
I refuse to pay for the cheap crap, I will only buy the stuff I know wont fail on me in high stress/emergency situations. "Too each their own", of course.
Ive seen the cheap bumpers pop, the bungee lines snap in high wind, $40 life vest, not with my loved ones life on the line.

When I say the cost above, that was for everything, not each.

Ive literally been on a "Pirate ship", having to tie a sheet bend knot , while at the helm, (none of my crew knew how to tie one) to "rescue" a 1800's era replica double-decker boat that had its engines die during a flash storm on the ICW. The boat was drifting into day-marker. Had I only had the $70 lines, they would have snapped for sure. And that's just one example. Anyway, rant over.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No prep and shipping is a good compromise in the current market, I think. The stuff in the Gold package you mentioned were given to me for free, on a 11k under MSRP left over last year boat when I got mine. But that is a different world, pre Rona.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I refuse to pay for the cheap crap, I will only buy the stuff I know wont fail on me in high stress/emergency situations. "Too each their own", of course.
Ive seen the cheap bumpers pop, the bungee lines snap in high wind, $40 life vest, not with my loved ones life on the line.

When I say the cost above, that was for everything, not each.

Ive literally been on a "Pirate ship", having to tie a sheet bend knot , while at the helm, (none of my crew knew how to tie one) to "rescue" a 1800's era replica double-decker boat that had its engines die during a flash storm on the ICW. The boat was drifting into day-marker. Had I only had the $70 lines, they would have snapped for sure. And that's just one example. Anyway, rant over.
But you’re talking about a large ship vs a very light boat. Never had line break on me and I doubt the dealer is offering him the type of line you’re talking about in the package. I too don’t mess around when it comes to safety but feel $1700 is the dealer taking advantage of the buyer.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No prep and shipping is a good compromise in the current market, I think. The stuff in the Gold package you mentioned were given to me for free, on a 11k under MSRP left over last year boat when I got mine. But that is a different world, pre Rona.
$11k under is a good deal. I usually see left overs for around $8k under so you did great. We’ll see what they want to do for me in the spring. I’m also looking at a different brand boat from another dealer so I don’t have a problem walking away.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
But you’re talking about a large ship vs a very light boat. Never had line break on me and I doubt the dealer is offering him the type of line you’re talking about in the package. I too don’t mess around when it comes to safety but feel $1700 is the dealer taking advantage of the buyer.
Oh I agree the $1700 is WAY too much. And yes, Apples, Oranges.

Jetsetter613

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
NA
Well as I see we will only have ourselves to blame if the prices don't come down a bit come spring. If we all jump on these 25ft the numbers will remain strong. All to be determined also what is a comparable boat & this price range new...?

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well as I see we will only have ourselves to blame if the prices don't come down a bit come spring. If we all jump on these 25ft the numbers will remain strong. All to be determined also what is a comparable boat & this price range new...?
Good point!!! if you can wait on an upgrade and use your current boat another 7-12 months, dealers may get back into bargaining. there will be a bust after the boom

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like I said I’m not playing their COVID game again. if they try to sell it above MSRP I’m walking and buying a tritoon.