• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha lx 210 questions

Duece315

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I just bought an lx210 and love reading about the things that had me nervous like boat taking on water just one question what happens if the clean out plugs blows in the middle of the lake does it only take on water when the engine is on? How do I get the boat back to the dock ? Also I’m getting a fast drip of water underneath the engine near the back wall of the boat maybe that’s the exhaust I have no idea

If the cleanout plug blows out it will likely open the rear hatch and the safety switch will kill the engines. As long as you have the plug tied down and it hasn’t launched itself 200’ in the air you simply put it back in and continue on. Some water could be entering the bilge as water splashes around the cleanout tube but the boat won’t sink as the bilge pump can keep up. You can limit the amount of water entering the bilge by making sure the hose clamp on the rubber tube between the cleanout plug and removable fiberglass tub is tight. It’s a PIA to tighten (you have to open the inspection plates in the engine compartment and reach into the bilge) so a lot of them get left loose.

Problems can occur if the cleanout plug becomes partially dislodged and the engine continues to run (along with that loose hose clamp)...You could flood the engine compartment/bilge. It’s rare but has happened. A high water alarm is cheap insurance.

If the scupper valve is the original plastic one it should be replaced ASAP as it’s likely very brittle and the bilge pump won’t keep up with a 2” hole in your boat below the waterline. Here is the best replacement:

Rebuild kits for the cleanout plugs are available for $50 or so each and make it easy to take them in and out.

Also check your oil lines and look for the original zip ties holding them on (which need to be replaced if they haven’t been). If it doesn’t start easily (like two turns of the key when cold) rebuild the carbs. New spark plugs/good oil etc.

Otherwise have fun.

Last edited:
If the cleanout plug blows out it will likely open the rear hatch and the safety switch will kill the engines. As long as you have the plug tied down and it hasn’t launched itself 200’ in the air you simply put it back in and continue on. Some water could be entering the bilge as water splashes around the cleanout tube but the boat won’t sink as the bilge pump can keep up. You can limit the amount of water entering the bilge by making sure the hose clamp on the rubber tube between the cleanout plug and removable fiberglass tub is tight. It’s a PIA to tighten (you have to open the inspection plates in the engine compartment and reach into the bilge) so a lot of them get left loose.

Problems can occur if the cleanout plug becomes partially dislodged and the engine continues to run (along with that loose hose clamp)...You could flood the engine compartment/bilge. It’s rare but has happened. A high water alarm is cheap insurance.

If the scupper valve is the original plastic one it should be replaced ASAP as it’s likely very brittle and the bilge pump won’t keep up with a 2” hole in your boat below the waterline. Here is the best replacement:

Rebuild kits for the cleanout plugs are available for $50 or so each and make it easy to take them in and out.

Also check your oil lines and look for the original zip ties holding them on (which need to be replaced if they haven’t been). If it doesn’t start easily (like two turns of the key when cold) rebuild the carbs. New spark plugs/good oil etc.

Otherwise have fun.
Appreciate the info I have plug kits and scooper coming I def getting a lot of water from the Scooper and the bilge pumps like shit so be replacing that the only problem I’m having is port engine bogs if I only push port throttle it doesn’t do much but when pushing them both I’ll get it to 50mph idk if that’s carbs or what hard to find someone that works on them that isn’t two months out smh guess I’ll have to YouTube it myself lol just want a diagnosis so not wasting my time building carbs when engine may be shot ? But if it sits for a week it takes a minute to start but after that starts right up one turn for days both engine so hopefully it’s something minor also getting dripping water port side exhaust sucks with all this water coming in I can’t dock it hate dragging it around on the trailer

Hey man also wondering how the blown out plug floods the engine bay I don’t see how there connected ?

Hey man also wondering how the blown out plug floods the engine bay I don’t see how there connected ?

On this diagram part 5 is a large diameter rubber hose, 34 is the hose clamp I mentioned.

The rubber hose connects between the bottom of the clean out tray and the metal tube where the cleanout plugs sit. If that hose clamp isn’t tight water can get into the bilge. In normal operation with the rear hatch closed it’s not a big deal. But if the rear hatch is open and you stand on the swim platform with the clean out plug removed water will splash up into the cleanout tray and leak through that connection.

If the plug were to come partially dislocated and stuck in the upper part of that rubber hose (or not open the hatch/trip the safety switch) you’d be blasting a large amount of water at that same connection until you noticed and shut off the engine which can quickly flood the bilge. It’s very unlikely to happen; just something to keep in mind.

The scupper is a far bigger potential problem. Two is one and one is none when it comes to bilge pumps so think about adding a second one with a float switch wired directly to the battery through an in-line fuse.

7C5AD4C6-C013-4133-B131-CDDC8D41165E.jpeg

Ok I’m going to check it out today hopefully I can get the left anyone running right starts right up just doesn’t have the power also do I just splice the second bilge right into the first ones hose ?

This was super-helpful, and I know it was a few years back, but...
I have a 2003 lx210 and need that whole tray and assembly, because "someone" didn't screw the tray down and removed my ties, so they both blew out and took the tray with it. :( Can't find replacement parts anywhere. Any ideas? This boat was fully serviced last summer and was running great when it hit the water last week, until this happened. (All because the clean-outs were stuck) Help!

Back