• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Maintenance Matters....

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
300hr service.....:eek:. That put a dent in my fishing budget.

4.2L V6 Yamaha F300.png

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am new to this forum and jet boats. What I have been reading as far as service and maintenance does not sound bad to me at all! I understand a lot of service and maintenance can be performed by the owner.

When you suck up a rope or have other issues, the only thing I can tell you is feel fortunate you do not have IO's like I currently do. I have spent over $30,000.00 over the last three years from rebuilding motors, replacing lower units and maintaining the boat. The maintenance I do myself. This is one reason I am selling my boat and looking into a new jet boat!

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Didn't catch that, assumed it was a jet. Great motor none the less!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

swatski