• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

yamaha no crank

kikita76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2013 Yamaha SX240, the right side motor won't crank, the left motor starts perfectly. I started the right motor from the solenoid, but it won't start with the ignition key. I Installed a brand new solenoid.
checked batteries and switched the batteries both batteries are good. can anybody help???

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lanyard
And the other suggestions from the other thread. More people will see it this way.

Welcome btw

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ditto what @djetok said, Lanyard and rear hatch, Welcome!

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2013 Yamaha SX240, the right side motor won't crank, the left motor starts perfectly. I started the right motor from the solenoid, but it won't start with the ignition key. I Installed a brand new solenoid.
checked batteries and switched the batteries both batteries are good. can anybody help???
Could be the ignition switch - it's a pretty simple contact switch to engage the solenoid and not hard to replace.

kikita76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could be the ignition switch - it's a pretty simple contact switch to engage the solenoid and not hard to replace.
the switch are brand new and brand new solenoid installed. any other Ideas? thanks

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Make sure the throttle is in the neutral detent! I had this issue and that was my problem. Even if it looks like it is in neutral, check it physically. Just a slight bit out and the engine will not crank.

Last edited:

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the lanyard is good. The solenoid is good, The battery connection on the starter is good, Battery is good , fuses, ignition switch, the throttle in neutral, and the cleanout switch would be the thing I would check. you could check for resistance on the switch.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And check the rear hatch switches.....your starboard side switch may be mis-adjusted or loose. Does it turn over or do nothing? If it turns over, then it isn't the clean out hatch switches as they prevent the starter from turning.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

gordo2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Any update I have same issue rock got in prop locking up shaft person cranked on it while locked up now relay just clicks no starter activity I can jump battery wire and start wire at ecu box and it fire right up