• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Parts

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is another good source besides Yamaha Sports Plaza for OEM parts? I need to grab a small graphic/decal that got nicked up last season. Yamaha Sports Plaza shows it as "not available". I wonder if that means it is on back order? Not really sure.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
www.powersportsparts4less.com

I've been using this site for a while. I've even had to communicate with them at one point about an order, and they got back to me quickly.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the links @jcyamaharider and @CrankyGypsy. They both also show the part unavailable. I guess I need to makes some calls. Thanks.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another option: http://www.boats.net

I don't use them for much, but they tend to have the Yamaha oil filters and fogging oil at the cheapest price. Might have what you are looking for too...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I found the graphics package for my previous '08 SX 230 on ebay. It was spotty and only certain sections of the package. It is sold in pieces and the entire package was about $700 per side, but an individual section ranged from $50-$120 approximately. So they can be found even when no longer a stocked item.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I was just skimming the inter web and looking...the blue hull graphics are the one's that show obsolete sections. What's up with that??? I would call your dealer and see if he can check into why they might be obsolete. Another less desired situation but a route you may have to go, is to put in an insurance claim on it...and because the graphic is obsolete or not available, they may have to change all of them. It won't get you back like you were, but it may take the sting out of it and get you all new graphics. I mention this, because I had a roofing product that is no longer available. I just had my roof replaced and although the adjuster didn't want to do it, he finally approved the upgrade to a much higher rated shingle. They can't replace with a lower quality, they have to make you whole or better, that is why you pay those premiums. Just a thought.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txavr - Thanks for the comments. I had looked on eBay earlier today and had no luck. I also called Yamaha Sports Plaza and they indicated that they are not available/obsolete for the small piece that I need. In such cases, they don;t expect them to become available again. This is far from an insurance claim. I have one small graphic (approximately 6" x 12") that has a 1" ding it it that I was hoping to replace for the $38 the part cost. Another option is to get one custom made, but I am not sure how well it will match the existing graphics.

@jcyamaharider - the exact decal is: http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/p/yamaha/f2d-u417g-90-00/graphic-6

If you look at my avatar, it would be the small section towards the stern just above the rub rail. The boat is in storage so there will be no pics for a few months.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
JetBoatPilot stocks lots of Yamaha product and can also get you any Yamaha parts and ship to you from our distributor.

https://jetboatpilot.com/index.php
Hey Will,
What I am looking for is Part # F2D-U417G-90-00. It is described as Graphic #6 for a blue hull and you can see that part here:

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003a1e0f870021f60a1222b/graphics-mats

It would be greatly appreciated if you could locate the part. Thanks @JetBoatPilot.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@SCSTWG I will work on this this morning.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SCSTWG I don't think I'm going to be able to help you on this one. That part looks to be discontinued. We do sell IPD Graphics kits so that is an alternative to putting OEM graphics back on the boat. Here is a link if you think that could be a possible solution:

https://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_category=166&controller=category
Thanks for the effort Will. The issue in the graphics is very small, so I have no immediate plans to make a change. Why does Yamaha stop producing such parts? The boat is only 5 years old.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@SCSTWG I think Yamaha buys enough parts to do their production run and have a small buffer in case of warranty issues etc.. but are not in the business of building parts that they may never sell. I would think though, that if Yamaha were able to get their supply chain on board with this concept, that they would set up legacy parts lists and prices and have their suppliers drop ship to customers at a higher price point than if they were buying them by the dozens or hundreds. They would not stock anything, but rather have databases of parts specs and schematics on file with their various vendors and produce the parts on demand. That is what we do here in large part and we have very little dead inventory at the end of every year.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in the telecom business and encounter "end of life" with technology equipment regularly. The way I see it handled is that a PCN (Product Discontinuance Notice) is established and a timeline outlined for how long products will be supported and parts will be sold. After that period of time, the customer is on their own and has to rely on third parties trying to fill a void. Timeframes and availability is largely based on how much of the product is deployed. Yamaha sold a lot of these boats and I would think that the relationship with the parts supplier would be such that they would order a stock parts inventory and be able to replenish it once inventory decreased to a certain threshold. You would think this would be part of the original deal when the parts supplier bid on the work to begin with. Fortunately in my case it is a simple graphic piece so there are a number of options available to me to figure this out on my own. What if it was a mechanical piece that was critical to the operation of the boat? Not acceptable on a top selling product that is only 5 years old IMO.