• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Production

rodirv

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have a deposit on a Yamaha 255XD in Louisiana, but heard from another dealership that no more 2021 255XD boats are going to be made (they had received a 252XE that was available for sale). Called Yamaha Customer Service and they said owners who have the 255XD already on order with a dealership will get their boat but they're not producing the boats solely for dealer inventory. Does this match the information anyone else is receiving? Has anyone taken delivery of their 255XD this since January 1st? Thanks for any info you have.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I too inquired about 21's and 25's today at my local dealers in Nashville. Both said nothing is available and all boats on order are spoken for. Both dealers indicated Yamaha is still having major production issues. I'd really like Yamaha to be transparent and say what components are delaying production and at least reassure customers that quality will not be compromised.

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
This is consistent with what we've heard from different sources. We're currently 8th on our dealer's list of 255XDs. Two have been delivered since Jan 1 with two more on the way. Just hoping it's here by spring.

rodirv

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks for the information. Deliveries since Jan 1 support what Yamaha Customer Service told me and the Vonore, TN Yamaha mfg facility confirmed they are shipping new boats out each work day. Just have to hope they keeping pushing them out and quality stays intact.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I read on an FB post last week by an employee at the TN facility that they produce 32 boats a day. Can't verify just throwing it out there.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I read on an FB post last week by an employee at the TN facility that they produce 32 boats a day. Can't verify just throwing it out there.
When talking to my dealer last year he said the factory produces about 30 boats a day, 150 a week...so right in line with the number you read. I think, but am not positive, that the factory typically runs the same boat for a week before switching to a different model. That may be different with COVID and supply chain issues, etc.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I heard a somewhat similar thing from my salesman when I drop my boat off for add-ons. They are 'supposedly' the largest seller of Yamahas in the US between their three locations in MN. Their allocation was cut by nearly 50%. I only bring up the largest dealer part b/c they have preferential placement with the factory. Some people received calls that they wont get a 2021. That said, I assume that means the people who DIDN'T get a call is still earmarked by Yamaha. I am guessing there will be very little 'on-site' purchases, mainly just pre-orders.

If you have an order in, I would call your dealer and ask if they have received word on what their allocation is, if you are still on the list, and breathe easy. If your dealer has no clue what you are talking about, that should raise a red flag for sure.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I heard a somewhat similar thing from my salesman when I drop my boat off for add-ons. They are 'supposedly' the largest seller of Yamahas in the US between their three locations in MN. Their allocation was cut by nearly 50%. I only bring up the largest dealer part b/c they have preferential placement with the factory. Some people received calls that they wont get a 2021. That said, I assume that means the people who DIDN'T get a call is still earmarked by Yamaha. I am guessing there will be very little 'on-site' purchases, mainly just pre-orders.

If you have an order in, I would call your dealer and ask if they have received word on what their allocation is, if you are still on the list, and breathe easy. If your dealer has no clue what you are talking about, that should raise a red flag for sure.
That is what I heard when I was at the Lake Minnetonka location.

On a side note, what add-ons are you getting? Our 212SD is sitting on the showroom floor and wondering if there is anything I want to do to it until I pick it up in April.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
That is what I heard when I was at the Lake Minnetonka location.

On a side note, what add-ons are you getting? Our 212SD is sitting on the showroom floor and wondering if there is anything I want to do to it until I pick it up in April.
You got the 212SD as well?? You can probably count on one hand how many 212SDs will be in our area this summer. Congrats!! I imagine we will bump into each other on the Croix??

As far as add-ons:
Dealer installing:
1. Two SeaBlaze X2 underwater lights.
2. Pop-up cleat inside the anchor locker. (Look at the 252s - comes standard. That way when you anchor, you don't have to use the bow cleats)
Yamaha 252SD (2021-) | BoatTEST Go to 2:20 mark for example.
3. LED trailer lights (I bought them, just having them install. The back trailer and transom lights are not LED. Which is lame)
** These three things are going to cost me ~$1600 material/labor. The SeaBlaze X2 are $375 a piece, and the labor is ~$500. Something I COULD do on my own, like the trailer lights, but I defer to them for a professional install. The light switch for example, will match the bilge/horn switch.**
Things I bought when purchased:
1. Mooring cover
2. Anchor
3. Yamaha Throw PFD (fits nicely in the pocket behind either bucket seats)
Things I bought/installed since:
1. BoatBuckle Transom Straps
2. Two Mission Sentry boat fenders (they are from the Lake Minnetonka area, google them. Spendy, but I am going to give them a try)
4. Standard Horizon HX870 Marine Radio (I will go to Voyageurs, Apostles, Door County, and maybe Isle Royale)
5. Slide Anchor: Sand Spike
6. Slide Anchor: Anchor Buddy (Bungee between the anchor and anchor line, take some of the shock off those big boat Croix rollers)
7. SandShark Anchor Bungee Dock Line (for the Sand Spike)

I have really tossed around the idea of a secondary chartplotter. But I will only flush mount. The way the 12.3" Connext is set up, all options for me are about 1/2" - 1" too big. So instead, I am going to use a dedicated "old phone" with the Navionics app installed. Also tossed around upgrading audio, but that is a $2,000-$2,500 upgrade. I will get through next season, and if I am not happy, maybe next off season.

Sorry for the long list. I got the boat mid-December.... so I have been trying to do all the prep work since I can't take it on the water. And call me weird, but I prefer to go new with a new boat. I think it is bad luck to bring things from the old boat on a new boat. Superstitious.

Congrats again!

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'd wager that the issue isn't production problems at Yamaha, but rather component shortages.

Our economy is so fouled up due to government COVID-19 actions that we've actually created a worldwide shipping container shortage, with reports of a backlog of ships being parked outside of US western ports waiting to unload with queue time delays of more than 60 days right now. They say that this backlog is due to unloaded ships waiting waiting for full containers to arrive in order to make the return trip cost effective. The ship delays, according to the attached article, have caused shipping costs to rise over 650% (From $2k per container to $13K ea). Shipping Container Demand Soaring as Shortage Along Key Routes Persists

We here in the US shut everything down, but other parts of the world kept on producing. The current US trade imbalances are currently going into uncharted territory right now.

i.e. I purchased a drum sander from my local woodworking store on a Black Friday sale and I'm still waiting delivery with the latest delivery promise delayed until March. Apparently the popular national brand can't even build them at the factory because of a parts shortage.

We'd better get ready for this to be a common problem.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You got the 212SD as well?? You can probably count on one hand how many 212SDs will be in our area this summer. Congrats!! I imagine we will bump into each other on the Croix??

As far as add-ons:
Dealer installing:
1. Two SeaBlaze X2 underwater lights.
2. Pop-up cleat inside the anchor locker. (Look at the 252s - comes standard. That way when you anchor, you don't have to use the bow cleats)
Yamaha 252SD (2021-) | BoatTEST Go to 2:20 mark for example.
3. LED trailer lights (I bought them, just having them install. The back trailer and transom lights are not LED. Which is lame)
** These three things are going to cost me ~$1600 material/labor. The SeaBlaze X2 are $375 a piece, and the labor is ~$500. Something I COULD do on my own, like the trailer lights, but I defer to them for a professional install. The light switch for example, will match the bilge/horn switch.**
Things I bought when purchased:
1. Mooring cover
2. Anchor
3. Yamaha Throw PFD (fits nicely in the pocket behind either bucket seats)
Things I bought/installed since:
1. BoatBuckle Transom Straps
2. Two Mission Sentry boat fenders (they are from the Lake Minnetonka area, google them. Spendy, but I am going to give them a try)
4. Standard Horizon HX870 Marine Radio (I will go to Voyageurs, Apostles, Door County, and maybe Isle Royale)
5. Slide Anchor: Sand Spike
6. Slide Anchor: Anchor Buddy (Bungee between the anchor and anchor line, take some of the shock off those big boat Croix rollers)
7. SandShark Anchor Bungee Dock Line (for the Sand Spike)

I have really tossed around the idea of a secondary chartplotter. But I will only flush mount. The way the 12.3" Connext is set up, all options for me are about 1/2" - 1" too big. So instead, I am going to use a dedicated "old phone" with the Navionics app installed. Also tossed around upgrading audio, but that is a $2,000-$2,500 upgrade. I will get through next season, and if I am not happy, maybe next off season.

Sorry for the long list. I got the boat mid-December.... so I have been trying to do all the prep work since I can't take it on the water. And call me weird, but I prefer to go new with a new boat. I think it is bad luck to bring things from the old boat on a new boat. Superstitious.

Congrats again!
The cleat is a great idea, however not sure how it will perform in the real world. If in calm conditions I think it will work great. However if it’s not calm just not sure how the rope will not wreck the locker cover. Let me know how this works out, as I wouldn’t mind adding this as well.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I'd wager that the issue isn't production problems at Yamaha, but rather component shortages.

Our economy is so fouled up due to government COVID-19 actions that we've actually created a worldwide shipping container shortage, with reports of a backlog of ships being parked outside of US western ports waiting to unload with queue time delays of more than 60 days right now. They say that this backlog is due to unloaded ships waiting waiting for full containers to arrive in order to make the return trip cost effective. The ship delays, according to the attached article, have caused shipping costs to rise over 650% (From $2k per container to $13K ea). Shipping Container Demand Soaring as Shortage Along Key Routes Persists

We here in the US shut everything down, but other parts of the world kept on producing. The current US trade imbalances are currently going into uncharted territory right now.

i.e. I purchased a drum sander from my local woodworking store on a Black Friday sale and I'm still waiting delivery with the latest delivery promise delayed until March. Apparently the popular national brand can't even build them at the factory because of a parts shortage.

We'd better get ready for this to be a common problem.
I know you are at least partially right at a minimum. Yamaha was waiting on windshields for a couple months. They had a slew of boats completed, all waiting on windshields. Haven't heard a justification on the cut in allocation, but component parts could be the culprit. Add in a sprinkle of covid shutdown? Who knows. I am just happy to have the boat in my possession, and feel for those who are still waiting to hear.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The cleat is a great idea, however not sure how it will perform in the real world. If in calm conditions I think it will work great. However if it’s not calm just not sure how the rope will not wreck the locker cover. Let me know how this works out, as I wouldn’t mind adding this as well.
The rope goes out under the locker lid....so shouldn't have any impact on the lid.....or am I missing something?

As for parts and production delays....this is a worldwide problem. Pretty much every country has had some level of Covid shutdowns - this has fowled up movement of parts and containers worldwide! Hopefully these new strains aren't resistant to the vaccines!

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
The rope goes out under the locker lid....so shouldn't have any impact on the lid.....or am I missing something?

As for parts and production delays....this is a worldwide problem. Pretty much every country has had some level of Covid shutdowns - this has fowled up movement of parts and containers worldwide! Hopefully these new strains aren't resistant to the vaccines!
The anchor rope should guide through the channels on either side of the locker cover. With a 5:1 anchor line/depth ratio, I don't anticipate much lateral movement... but I will keep an eye on it this summer and post some pics for add on ideas if it works as planned!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The anchor rope should guide through the channels on either side of the locker cover. With a 5:1 anchor line/depth ratio, I don't anticipate much lateral movement... but I will keep an eye on it this summer and post some pics for add on ideas if it works as planned!
with a line tied to the cleat (IE the cleat UP), can you close the anchor locker lid?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
On the 252 you can close the anchor locker lid with the bow cleat up and the anchor rope wrapped around the cleat. I'll let Mully give the definitive answer for the aftermarket addition of the bow cleat on the 212.

markpolly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
We just got bad news from the dealer where we had ordered a '21 252SD back in October 2020. Our order is not going to be filled. The dealer says they are having trouble getting the Drive system components. Our options are 1) get in line for an AR250 or 2) be first on their list for 2022 when it comes out. They are saying July-Aug for 2022's but after this year's problems, I'm not confident.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@markpolly Sorry to hear that. Call my dealer, he mentioned that he had some boats available. Not sure where he sits today with them but you could check. You could actually make the drive as well.

Current New Inventory | Wonderland Marine West

Ask for Ryan Zamler at the Waterford Office (844) 248-8489

They have a boat show this weekend that I may wander up to, to see what is what.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Man after reading about these cancelations i am feeling really lucky i got my boat. Im glad i didnt wait another month to put the order it. The boat company i do work for is currently 2 years out. They are higher end boats and nowhere near the volume like yamaha so I expect it from them. Would never have thought yamaha would be to the point of taking 2022 orders in jan/feb. nuts

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We just got bad news from the dealer where we had ordered a '21 252SD back in October 2020. Our order is not going to be filled. The dealer says they are having trouble getting the Drive system components. Our options are 1) get in line for an AR250 or 2) be first on their list for 2022 when it comes out. They are saying July-Aug for 2022's but after this year's problems, I'm not confident.
Just saw this on Facebook
Taking deposits on new yamaha boats these two are a 252x and a 252s if you have any questions just let me know thank you and have a great day
Steve
Cell 256 610 4845