• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha SR230 experiences

DREY

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Good day,

I apologize for my bad english.

I come from Germany and would like to buy a Yamaha SR230 boot now I wanted to ask you what your experiences are, for the purpose of repairs, fuel consumption, etc ...

The boat was built in 2003 and has 280 hp.

Would appreciate answers.

Best Regards

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These earlier Yamahas with the MR-1 engines are fairly well known for their reliability. Age will eventually get to most anything, but if it was well maintained, it should be a great boat. There’s a “known issues” thread in this model specific forum, and it lists everything that seems to have been a trend in regards to failures. The plastic scupper is the first thing I’d recommend checking/replacing with a stainless one. Not difficult, just a few hours of time and preparation. Overall, they’re Very reliable, and just a great all-around boat.

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had one of these boats and loved it only had a few problems the scrubber value being one and there was a issues with the computers going bad and making the injectors stay open and flood the engines with fuel you can send them off to a company in California and have them fixed for a couple hundred bucks