• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff Yamaha switch controller kit for stock ballast pumps

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Kit is a complete plug and play solution that allows you to control the ballast pumps from a series of switches to fill and empty the ballast bags without using the Yamaha System. The Yamaha system is not very comprehensive and is plagued with timer issues, making it very difficult to get to the proper fill and empty capacities. This is the next generation from the pump jumper cable that was very successful https://jetboaters.net/threads/ballast-pump-jumper-cable.19754/

Cost is $260.00 + $25.00 shipping to the lower 48 PM me for payment options

The kit consists of:

• 3 pre-wired switches with cables that pug directly into the factory pump connectors
  • Separate on off switch to eliminate any accidental engagement of the switch
  • A piezo beeper to let you know if the pumps are activated
  • 30 amp fused Power connection wire with ring terminals
  • General directions
The image shows a 3d printed box that was used for testing, but the switches can be mounted above the port rear seat (will come with a cut out template) or can be mounted under the port rear seat compartment you will need some type of plate to mount the switches if you dont want to cut into the fiberglass.

Other Benefits include the ability to expand on the existing system with some simple piping and fittings to run the pumps to fill other bags, like a transom bag, eliminating the need for a separate $170.00 tsunami pump. Or, with the addition of fittings and hoses, add additional ballast bags using the existing pumps. Have your spotter adjust the pumps as necessary to clean up the wake for wake boarding, so your passengers don't have to move around to balance the boat.

The boat motors do not have to be on to run the pumps this will allow trouble shooting and the ability to drain water from the center ballast bag that partially fills by itself from a siphoning effect. It can also be used for winterizing of the ballast system.

Copy of in box.jpgswitch.jpg

Eliminate the need for an over the side pump you can easily run two hoses and fill the transom bag from two stock pumps with the quick flip of the ball valves to redirect the water .

Monday, October 05, 2020 (4).jpg

Buy these fittings, hoses, and hose clamps separately to expand the ballast system using the stock pumps.

ball valve.jpgy fitting.jpgBarbed end.jpg

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Excellent work! So tempting, just for the fill/drain option with motors off.

I may or may not have witnessed someone pulling out a ballast hose from his impeller, this summer, that got sucked up while working with internal bags. @CDENsomnia ;)

lamphax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Do you have a two bag system with just one switch? I dont have/need a center locker bag and just want to fill both rear bags to the top.

Thanks!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Rocket33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m looking to install ballast bags in my Yamaha 212s . What do y’all think? Anyone have a set up they installed ?

WhalerMax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I don't know how I missed this, but Im in for one. I use your jumper cable with great luck

One of my pumps was backwards where I needed to swap terminals to fill, will that affect this switch wiring?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes it would but the pins are easy to relocate . I sent you a pm so we could discuss switch mounting location. These were created due to the high expense of the stock controller and if the controller has problems it knocks out speed control as well.

Great to hear that the pump jumper cable was working. Reversing the pins was not necessary we send labels out to identify the connector that has reverse polarity operation for users that still want to use the stock system and not the cable for all the pumps.

Last edited:

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Rich Berkoski Had a question "Do you have a photo of them installed? I’m struggling to envision where they’d mount above the port rear seat"

They would go near the flush port this location is the best due to the close proximity to the batteries for power. Depending on need an additional switch could be used to cut off power to the switches to disable the operation and eliminate potential accidental operation if bumped . That area is recessed back due to the depth of the seat cushions, the depth projection is less than the flush port.

Copy of Wednesday, April 06, 2022.jpg

blizkill8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are these kits still available?
shipping time to Atlanta area?
Any pics of it actually installed there?
does it include the additional power cut off switch? Are the switches waterproof/ how do they get mounted there so the boat will not take in water into the area behind there when washed?
What is “speed control” mentioned above and how does it relate to the ballasts/ stock method/ use of this? (My ballast controller system has seemingly failed. I had created my own jumper that has been a PITA to use so this seems like an attractive option.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are these kits still available? Yes
shipping time to Atlanta area? 2-4 weeks could be longer after my son is back in college at the end of august.
Any pics of it actually installed there? No
does it include the additional power cut off switch? Yes Are the switches waterproof/ Water resistant how do they get mounted there so the boat will not take in water into the area behind there when washed? You could just mount them under the seat if you don't want them exposed. You will need to make a small plate out of marine board or some type of material and create a cut out that the switches can slide into and use some metal L brackets to mount the plate
What is “speed control” mentioned above and how does it relate to the ballasts/ stock method/ use of this? From the connext screen you select your set speed example 18.5 Mph for rider Joe and there are six other settings also a ballast set up for each (My ballast controller system has seemingly failed. I had created my own jumper that has been a PITA to use so this seems like an attractive option.

I will PM you with my number to call and review more details if needed

Concept of the bracket to hold the switches under the seat

1690301743215.png