• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha yds software connector

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Purchased yamaha software and the connector on Amazon. It came with a 3 pin connector to run the diagnostic software. All i can find on my 06 ar230 is 2 other connectors..no 3 pin...i have also opened up the white round access holes on either side of the back storage and find no 3 pin connector.

Could i need a different connector than 3 pin? 06 owners.... if its a 3 pin....where am i missing this plug in? Im fairly handy been climbing around boats and electrical work for 20 years..am i going senile?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just ran into this in my 2008 212x. I crawled all over the engine bay and COULD not for the life of me find it. Finally found a TINY pic on the net that let me to it. Mine was all the way in the back of the engines very close to the electrical "boxes" on the back wall. Each was on the right side(facing the rear of the boat) of the electrical. My port engine connector was hiding up underneath some wire loom. What a PITA! I'm guessing this has never been hooked up before. Wonder if yours is like mine? My boat is back in storage or else I'd go grab a pic. Thought about doing that, but then my 4yr old fell and scraped his knee so I had to hop out of the boat and tend to him.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Here's a pic I found that happens to be here on the forum. Gives you an idea of what you're looking for. I was expecting a free standing connector, not one that was connected that I had to separate.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Appeciate all the help..see no cable connectors like shown in engine b.c. ay or behind port and stsrboRd acess holes...this connector is in my engine bay..with 3 canles coming in could this be where connect yds too? Althoygh the amazon kit i bought didnt cone with connector for my puctured cable..notice 3 wires coming in.

Attachments

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Appeciate all the help..see no cable connectors like shown in engine b.c. ay or behind port and stsrboRd acess holes...this connector is in my engine bay..with 3 canles coming in could this be where connect yds too? Althoygh the amazon kit i bought didnt cone with connector for my puctured cable..notice 3 wires coming in.
That doesn't look like it. Mine were ALL the way on the back by the ECU's had 3 wires coming in and one red wire coming out. They were a PITA to find, especially since I had no real reference of what I was looking for. I was expecting a free plug just hanging out.....that wasn't the case.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it were a 2007 AR I would, finding YDS connectors between models is like looking for Waldo,

I helped an 05 and it was near the ECU like in the picture posted earlier, it should be a greyish plug, definitely not that the plug in pictured in post #4,

If you can't find it I would look in the starboard rear seats or aft bin for two thicker black wires running bow to stern and try to track it that way to a plug,

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Suke and Swatski,

THANK YOU! Like every good DIY'er...I re read everything you wrote...wracked my brain of the umpteen million projects I've done already..and thought..I'm gonna look behind that Starboard port hole ONE more time. What a spaghetti mess of wire back there plus bilge line, vents red water flush line and all my wire and lines going to back of the boat.

So....I thought, lets use technology, thrown the phone in there...snap a bunch of photos and see what I find. Well Low and behold a cable that looks a lot like your picture with one red going in and 3 wires coming out.

I feel around work my hand down to it...and it will NOT budge....doesn't feel like a zip tie...take some more pictures and make sure I'm not gonna ruin or rip any wires when I pull... and low and behold its has what appears to be like a Price tag wire holding the starboard ecu plug in place to the bottom of the boats wood decking......keep searching....I now find the port plus with the exact same price tag wire holding it down behind the vent blower where you can't see it and would never ever ever know its there!!!!!!

Now all wires are back in place, tidy'd up for future ECU reads.

I hooked up the laptop, followed the instructions to get my port changed to COM 1...(don't ask me how I did it on Window's 10, all I know is when in doubt on a Windows computer "right click the mouse" and new pages open up....So I got it changed to Com 1....STILL was not reading....so I found out A. Once you find the ECM wire you must bump start the engine than leave in the ON position but not running...low and behold everything pops up on the computer!!!! Hurray!!!!

Best news (at least I think it's good news?) Only 148 hours on the engines...and it only has thrown 2 codes...which are nothing codes I assume...overheat and low oil....I checked both ECU's....same on both...

I assume if I had the (GASP) injector issues many 04-06 230 boats had...I'd see it on the software. My ECU's and the decking behind it must be a late model 06 because the decking show's no place to allow water in, the design is water tight, the ECU's are under the decking lip and not a drop of water shows to have ever entered anywhere near the ECU's. Just to be safe I added a Bead of Silicone to the top of Each ECU. But what a joy to see these 2 pictures on a 2006 AR 230 on May 20th 2019. 13 year old boat with only 148 hours.....I'm almost done with every single project I've wanted to accomplish on this boat over the past month and will write up my 2006 complete update.....But finding these plugs and getting the computers read was one hell of a mystery over the past month...I'd look and look and look.....ECU wire behind a starboard port hole, behind the blower vent, stapled to the floor almost out of reach and definitely out of view....really? Really!!? Thanks guys for all the help! This Forum is sooooo valuable in my part time play job of making the AR almost new!

P.S. It looks like half the hours were at slow no wake or below speed!....I think this boat was a pleasure viewing craft and not the heat seeking jet missile we all know it can be when put through it paces.

It's A Good Life!

Marc Messinger

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It’s an awesome feeling to successfully connect YDS and get a good reading, especially if you don’t know what you have. Great job! It is also crazy that they buried it on the 2006 230 when they made it super easy on the 2006 210. I guess that is because the 210 was a new model and they learned that lesson from the 230 design.
D5981CBF-2105-46EF-ACEE-DC142E6DF0E7.jpeg

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wayyy better location

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeppers thats the one...youll get an email with the cd rom if u have install questions u can call the owner Darren..worked perfect..keep in mind it WOnt work with apple computers...i ended up buying a new laptop..which i needed anyways..just for this.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeppers thats the one...youll get an email with the cd rom if u have install questions u can call the owner Darren..worked perfect..keep in mind it WOnt work with apple computers...i ended up buying a new laptop..which i needed anyways..just for this.
That is SWEEEET. 148 hrs is basically brand new. COngrats!
Impressive, how you figured this all out!

--

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Glad you figured it out! I think the biggest AH HA moment I had was the cap with the almost fishing line type wire. Once I saw that I figured it had to go to something interesting. That's how I finally found my port motor one. Mine was also tucked WAY up underneath a wire loom and even zip tied up there.

Mine also had similar codes. Seems those are either false positives or very very common mistakes.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked for mine on my 06 230 last weekend and could not find them, will have to look again after reading this.

Nous Defions

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reading through all the posts, I'm dizzy. Can anyone confirm where the YDS connectors are on a 2010 SX240? Thanks

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked for mine on my 06 230 last weekend and could not find them, will have to look again after reading this.
Ohhhh the places you will go....the phone camera shoved in. The hole helped a lot..to feel by hand what i should be grabbing for..good luck..nothing on port side..i looked there first. Both are on starboard side

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ohhhh the places you will go....the phone camera shoved in. The hole helped a lot..to feel by hand what i should be grabbing for..good luck..nothing on port side..i looked there first. Both are on starboard side
I have to say, your descriptions of the search for the YDS connector sound a little... smutty, lol.

--

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to say, your descriptions of the search for the YDS connector sound a little... smutty, lol.

--
Lol...now that i re read it...your right!! 47 years on this planet earth....and i still got it...!! ... playboy letters still taking new writers?

Nous Defions

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any more useful information appreciated.