• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha's on the Lake

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today at the lake I saw a lot of Yamaha's. Counted 15. 242, 190, 250, 252SD, 212, 210sx. Couldn't tell you most of the years though. Basically all over the place. Never seen that many on the lake. Was an incredible day out and the water was mostly calm. Saw two from Wonderland Marine with the cover on in the parking lot. Not sure if they were water testing those with new owners.

There was asshat in a dark and green lettering 250 flying past us wakeboarding at about 80 ft. as well as others doing water sports in the cove........ Someone needs to take his boat keys away from him.

From one of the docks at a house that is massive, comes pulling out a 275. Thing looked big on the lake and also a waste of boat. The lake is just under 800 Acre's and roughly 1 mile or a bit more across.

Good to see that many yamaha's.

Navionics ChartViewer

Last edited:
Wasn't on the water today, but when the wife and I rolled up for dinner, there was a 230 tied up at the docks, and in the parking lots surrounding the place were 3 Yammies on their trailers. If I recall, a 195, a 240X, and what looked like a 212S.

They're really starting to gain popularity in the area in spite of the weeds in our area. I think the cleanout ports are a huge selling point for our area, and I get compliments on my boat all the time.

Not many Yammies on my lake, partly due to lasting misconceptions of jet boats. While I was waiting for mine to arrive, I heard a fair number of "not a great boat for this area" comments. And now, I hear "I take back everything I said about that boat" when they see it. I think I'm the only t-top center console I've seen within 100 miles up and down the river, other than cops. So we get a lot of slow-down/side-eye reactions until people realize I'm probably not going to board them and confiscate their open containers....yet.

You want to see a lot of Yamaha's come to Lake Allatoona, they are everywhere. Besides pontoons they are the most popular boat on that lake.

Same at Lanier. Lots of yammies

Not many Yammies on my lake, partly due to lasting misconceptions of jet boats. While I was waiting for mine to arrive, I heard a fair number of "not a great boat for this area" comments. And now, I hear "I take back everything I said about that boat" when they see it. I think I'm the only t-top center console I've seen within 100 miles up and down the river, other than cops. So we get a lot of slow-down/side-eye reactions until people realize I'm probably not going to board them and confiscate their open containers....yet.

The only other cc that I’ve seen on the water at any of the lakes around here is one at Angostura and it’s a patrol boat. The vast majority are Alumacrafts, Lunds, Warriors,Rangers and a fair amount of pontoons.

Like you I’ve heard the “why a cc?” If I take them fishing at the end of the day they’re like wow I never even thought about a cc, this thing is so easy to fish off of.

I think there are 4-5 older Yamahas that are bow riders…they have the older style jet nozzles that are aluminum. And by their sound I think they are MR-1 engines.

Back