• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yammy video of the 255xd, tell me what voodo they using

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
heres a capture from the video yammy has put up on youtube of the wake series boats. Watching these videos they got only 4 people in the boat and no additional ballast "SO IT SEEMS" these waves look really good. Do we all just suck? lol

timestamp 2:45

Attachments

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Not sure it's voodoo as much as it is camera angle. All the shots of the wave are taken from water level.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
you can almost guarantee in these vids they have steel shot hidden somewhere. Also these are normally professional riders.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
heres a capture from the video yammy has put up on youtube of the wake series boats. Watching these videos they got only 4 people in the boat and no additional ballast "SO IT SEEMS" these waves look really good. Do we all just suck? lol

timestamp 2:45
It almost looks like someone is sitting in the rear facing seat on the swim platform in this screen grab. Maybe not... Also with the new deeper cleanout ports storage area, I'm betting a 200 or maybe 300 pound bag could be mostly filled and still close the lid. Or like Suke says, be hiding some steal shot.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It almost looks like someone is sitting in the rear facing seat on the swim platform in this screen grab. Maybe not... Also with the new deeper cleanout ports storage area, I'm betting a 200 or maybe 300 pound bag could be mostly filled and still close the lid. Or like Suke says, be hiding some steal shot.
the stadium seating if slid back will seat someone like the screen grab. Thats about where you would be.

Be interesting to know, because the video and the wave look pretty damn good for no transom bag or anything crazy.

At least share the setup yammy lol

Croker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If you look carefully at other press release videos (I forget which year) you can see a ballast bag in the sundeck of the video. I think it’s mostly down to the camera angles.

They thoroughly show you the exteriors but the nitty-gritty details that we all want to know often end up coming from owners (in my opinion).

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
If you look carefully at other press release videos (I forget which year) you can see a ballast bag in the sundeck of the video. I think it’s mostly down to the camera angles.

They thoroughly show you the exteriors but the nitty-gritty details that we all want to know often end up coming from owners (in my opinion).
Yeah I think that was 17 or 18 when Surfpoint first came out. From the aerial views you could very briefly see bow and cockpit ballast bags on the floor.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just buy a dedicated surf boat. For these prices….
No thanks. Tired of that argument. If that logic was always the answer, my industry and work (modifying domestic cars for performance) I should be telling everyone to buy other cars for the money they sink into them. Different strokes for different folks.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No thanks. Tired of that argument. If that logic was always the answer, my industry and work (modifying domestic cars for performance) I should be telling everyone to buy other cars for the money they sink into them. Different strokes for different folks.
Definitely agree with this! I really wish Yamaha would get serious and make a good surf wave out of the box. OR make it possible like other brands with plug and play ballasts as well as in floor hard tanks. This would solve the current argument in our household! I want to surf with a push of a button, wife thinks wake boats are "ugly", and still wants to be able to take our boat to the beach/sandbars (which we do once every couple of years. LOL!). Also she loves the swim platform, and to get nice seats like we have you tend to have to get into the nearly 200k+ wake boats for that kind of luxury, or an H22. Still doesn't solve the prior points. If they did in floor tanks the size of what we currently have, AND then plug and plays on top where our current hard tanks are we'd get what we want easily. Also would give us extra storage when not using the bags.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Definitely agree with this! I really wish Yamaha would get serious and make a good surf wave out of the box. OR make it possible like other brands with plug and play ballasts as well as in floor hard tanks. This would solve the current argument in our household! I want to surf with a push of a button, wife thinks wake boats are "ugly", and still wants to be able to take our boat to the beach/sandbars (which we do once every couple of years. LOL!). Also she loves the swim platform, and to get nice seats like we have you tend to have to get into the nearly 200k+ wake boats for that kind of luxury, or an H22. Still doesn't solve the prior points. If they did in floor tanks the size of what we currently have, AND then plug and plays on top where our current hard tanks are we'd get what we want easily. Also would give us extra storage when not using the bags.
Well my 255xd has hard tanks, they reach far back to the rear of the boat. Prob not enough weight at the boat is about 4k. The ballast is 1600 filled 100%.

But again moral of story is,.....if yammy had to do a lil bit more work to get the wave that good be transparent about it. We the community would be far more receptive of the truth. If they got a secret setting or its the depth of water they in...let it be known.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well my 255xd has hard tanks, they reach far back to the rear of the boat. Prob not enough weight at the boat is about 4k. The ballast is 1600 filled 100%.
Yup, the 212x is the same. What I meant was in floor ballast, and then plug and plays on top of that, like some of the wake boats have. So you could add aftermarket ballast bags of your choosing without having to sling them on the transom.

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I agree with @Wicked92 on the video. I don't buy that everything is stock there.
My next step is to buy steel shot for the transom. Don't get me wrong; I love my 255XD, but surfing ropeless is not as easy as advertised.