• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YDS Error 29 "Intake Pressure Sensor"

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All,

After switching out a faulty ECU, it looks like my "piston wash" issue was a thing of the past, boat has been running great for months now. Prior issue in this thread (led to 3 blown engines.. covered by warranties thank god): https://jetboaters.net/threads/knocking-sound-on-starboard-engine-ar230.13807/#post-245462

I've really taken to trying to learn how every little nuance of the boat works (mainly to calm down my OCD/PTSD from the blown engines :) ), so I got the Yamaha YDS software to get extra preemptive with my maintenance.

Out on the bay last week I got a temperature warning, I've gotten this warning once before.. but just figured I had an obstruction or some debris. Both times I've gotten this warning it went away after I switched the engine off and turned it back on, so it lends a little credence to minor obstructions. When I hooked up the YDS software I got the "Error 29 - Intake Press Sensor". I ordered a new Intake Pressure Sensor from ebay for like 55 bucks, but have yet to see exactly what purpose this thing does. From some google searches it seems like it helps control fuel injection at low RPMs, is this true? The motor seems to be running just fine, oil levels are good, however it did get a tad bit finnicky at lower RPMS, so I'm thinking this may be the issue. By finnicky I mean when I first got the engine back it would sometimes immediately die after I fired it up, or the RPMs would fluctuate wildly (then they'd settle down after a few minutes of operation). These issues seemed to have remedied themselves after I toyed with the ICV. The new engine was at 300-400 less RPM's than the port side, but the ICV tweaks fixed it.

Long story short, anyone have any experience with this error code and can you tell me exactly what this sensor does? Other than that, the boat is running great.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm no help on this one, but I also googled it and found a thread on THT where the guy solved his problem with:

Believe that I found the problem. I took a shot and sprayed each injector with silicone looking for a leak. When I hit number 4 it revved up..Took off the intake and found the #4 injector gasket in the bottom of the motor. No gasket on #4 cylinder. Put it back on and seems to run fine. I hope thats it??​

This is the thread....hopefully others will assist you...but this thread does some explaining of what the code is for also.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks Julian. I saw that too, but I don't think I have any compression issues (at least I think). I can play with the ICV to get the RPMs just right, and after a month or so the idle problems started to go away. I'm wondering if it was just the new ECM getting into sync? Or maybe that's just a placebo for me :).

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am that guy. Since you have a 2008 make sure you pull your Y fitting and look thru it. Yamaha had a batch that were partially blocked in 2008. Another thing to consider is the Throttle Position Sensor. I never had a performance issue with the throttle open. Just when at idle I would have fluctuating rpm. I found it by connecting the YDS and observing the spark advance.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am that guy. Since you have a 2008 make sure you pull your Y fitting and look thru it. Yamaha had a batch that were partially blocked in 2008. Another thing to consider is the Throttle Position Sensor. I never had a performance issue with the throttle open. Just when at idle I would have fluctuating rpm. I found it by connecting the YDS and observing the spark advance.

You know what.. now that I think about it, this may be something to look at. I got a temp warning when I had the engine (Starboard) on the hose and never received that before. I'll get a compressor and blow those suckers out.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The y-fitting that buck had the flashing in is not something you can "blow out", it's left over material that you have to cut out, if you watch his video he shows you a picture of it,

if you're getting an alarm I don't think it will be anything you can just blow out with air,

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As @Scottintexas said, it is unlikely you will blow those out. I had to take a 7/16" drill bit as a punch and knock them out. The picture below is the Y fitting. It is not hard to get to and relatedly easy to remove. I suggest you take the time to examine them.
IMG_1120rev1.jpg IMG_1129rev1.jpg IMG_1134rev1.jpg

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you a ton for this, I'll check it out and get back to let ya'll know what I find.