• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YJB - The longest 24-48 hours.

DeadlyFrog

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Donation solicitation?? Is the guy still out of work? I donated money to him in the past and quickly figured out he was working the system/members.
How bout it... What's :winkingthumbsup"really ironic is the site is down but the Donate button still functions.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Donation solicitation? Is that what we're calling it. In my case, I call it black mail.

I bought some stuff from the YJB store. My CC was charged immediately. 3 weeks goes by, and nothing. So I call Brian. You know what that #^$% tells me?
"I misquoted you the shipping costs. Maybe if you contribute/donate, I can process them sooner. Cause right now I'm processing orders for contributing members." Yep - that's what the SOB tells me. So I expressed my displeasure, got off the phone, donated $25, and received my stuff 3 days later. Man - I was PISSED - but the worst part was not being able to say a word about it, cause the posts would've been deleted and I would've been banned.

Don't get me wrong - I have no problem contributing - just didn't like to be stongarmed. From that point on - all my purchases were thru Will.

Last edited:

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
As far as I am concerned, I am done with his site. Keeping the site down for this long is just obnoxious. If he is having tech issues he should at least keep us posted on the status, I have never seen a site offline as much as his. This is the 3 or 4th time within the past 4 months. Unacceptable in my opinion. Even when he planned on taking it down, he didnt communicate what was going on. No maint page or anything.

If YJB was part of a corporation and he was lead web developer, he would have been fired already. Every second that page is down, he loses money.

The important people have made it here and this is where I intend to stay. I used to visit the old YJB multiple times a day. Now I have come off that drug and found a new one.... Jetboaters.net!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
"I misquoted you the shipping costs. Maybe if you contribute/donate, I can process them sooner. Cause right now I'm processing orders for contributing members.".
Are you kidding me?!!? I would have requested my money back and blasted him on his own forum!! That's ridiculous!!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@octavio3311 that is incredibly wrong on multiple levels.....

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Donation solicitation? Is that what we're calling it. In my case, I call it black mail.

I bought some stuff from the YJB store. My CC was charged immediately. 3 weeks goes by, and nothing. So I call Brian. You know what the prick tells me?
"I misquoted you the shipping costs. Maybe if you contribute/donate, I can process them sooner. Cause right now I'm processing orders for contributing members." Yep - that's what the SOB tells me. So I expressed my displeasure, got off the phone, donated $25, and received my stuff 3 days later. Man - I was PISSED - but the worst part was not being able to say a word about it, cause the posts would've been deleted and I would've been banned.

Don't get me wrong - I have no problem contributing - just didn't like to be stongarmed. From that point on - all my purchases were thru Will.
Wow. Just...wow. No words.

Sorry you went through that. Glad you made it over here.

C'mon guys...when does the JetBoaters.Net store open? :winkingthumbsup"

<ducking>

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
But he would have banned Octavio or censored his post, this is what he has done to others.
True but he eventually got it out here, which is good. I hope @octavio3311 is telling the truth. (Sorry Octavio, dont know you that well) His comment alone seals the deal for me going back to that site. I contributed a couple weeks ago. Wish I could get it back and give it to Jetboaters.net...

Last edited:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I hope @octavio3311 is telling the truth. (Sorry Octavio, dont know you that well)
A couple of members here know me personally - and they know that story. They were the only ones I could share it with without getting banned.
I couldn't even make that up if I wanted to

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
A couple of members here know me personally - and they know that story. They were the only ones I could share it with without getting banned.
I couldn't even make that up if I wanted to
Gotcha, I'll take you at your word then. :)

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Octavio would not lie about something like that. I know him and he is a good guy. When he told me about that I was thinking what kind of person could run a business like that and thats no way to treat people.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

I bought some stuff from the YJB store. My CC was charged immediately. 3 weeks goes by, and nothing. So I call Brian. You know what the prick tells me?

Wow! I can't believe that....actually, I can. I have been a decision maker in IT for many years and made the decisions on spending. I know soooo many other members that are are in IT and understand the costs to host a forum. I contributed in the past because I felt good about giving to the cause, but over the years, I started to feel used when I saw all of the solicitations and the posts about how the contributions don't cover the costs. I figured if 25 people were giving each month, even $5 dollars, there should be more than enough to pay for hosting. I also imagine that most are donating much more than that. Also, I was "in the know" and knew that many members offered FREE hosting and it was ignored or declined. Therefore, I started to become weary and my activity in the site started declining.

Additionally, at the Midwest Gathering last year, the group decided to make a contribution to the site (not much, but a donation none the less). I donated the money from my paypal account with a note letting him know that the donation was from the Midwest group. I did not expect a personal thank you. I never expect praise for helping, just thought it would be special for the group to know it was appreciated. When folks asked if he said anything, I always said, he must have been busy or missed the note, but inside felt like it just wasn't something that was important enough to him to respond to. Oh well. We (Yamaha Midwest Jetboaters) move on.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@octavio3311 that is absolutely infuriating. Black mail is right...

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whoever this guy is I hope he is on board JetBoaters.net, he posted this on the YJB Facebook page LOL:

Matt Schepker, as a contributing member to YJB, I feel that they should have posted something on the forum saying that it was going to be down. Why does matter because never before has the site been shut down do too group buys. I wonder if post are getting deleted and people are getting booted like last time. You have really rubbed me the wrong way so here's some words for you kiss my fucking ass.
yes I am a member here. I hope that's a good thing! Don really just pissed me off with his douchebag comments. I'm a lover not a fighter

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Lol
I don't really do fb on my phone and I am out of town all week but I gotta check that when I get home!
I always thought the guy had made his own servers? So like a couple grand towards hardware? And then a bit of money for his time as well wouldn't be minded.
Don't understand the group buy thing.
I had offered a good number of times about the member map as well.
Just glad to see some of the midwest guys here. I think we are most of the post whores anyways!

Like I said before, I want to help those with questions and problems so I will keep on both sites. But I have a site for my mustang, my old truck, my wifes Hyundai, etc that I frequently visit. I bet I have a good 20,000 posts among all, lol!
excited about being here, but I will be sad if yjb goes south.
we really don't need to keep bashing though... doesn't look good. I think we need to be civil about it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Same here. I contacted Don close to launch day about the board. I am not going to bring that conversation to this board it is where it needs to be and over with.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Brian has been a great guy with a great forum all along. I can only imagine he's run into some kind of trouble. The site is still down after 4 days. It being down drives me here.

I'm sorry to see the trouble going on. All I'm looking for is a good boating experience. I'm glad this site is now available.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup, still down but the store and donate buttons still work. :(

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yup, still down but the store and donate buttons still work. :(
I thought you were joking at first. Seems kind of ironic that the forum which gave rise to the store is down but the store site is still up.

I find it refreshing not to have a donate button on every page and the goal of financial transparency here is great but if there was a donate button or a string dedicated to taking donations I probably would have used it by now.