• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

"your boat is ready"

Uman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Ordered the FSH210 early Nov from Cycle Springs Clearwater Florida and got the message today that the boat has arrived. Called the Wifey and just like that the future suddenly looks bright; this covid thing has really been depressing and I am really glade I place the order when I did. The weather is now turning warmer and I just secured a storage spot at an exclusive park that has a boat ramp; every other storage place is full here on the island.....everybody is buying boats and RV's for some reason.

So I'm gonna get this new boat and know I need to get some safety stuff and maintenance stuff. I'm in central Florida, Merritt Island, and believe I need the following safety stuff:
- Life vest (PFD) for each occupant
- One marine use fire extinguisher
- Whistle
- 3 daytime and three nighttime visual distress signals (flare gun)
- paddle/push pole?

As far as initial necessary equipment goes:
What does the dealer provide? operator manual, registration, bill.

Also, does this boat come with the equipment to flush the engines?
How bout first time trailering it; I live about 100 miles from Clearwater; just hitch-up and hammer-down?

Any recommendations?

finally it's go time
-Uman

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
i like the cobra hand held gps vhf radio. it floats too with distress signal
trailer guides?

Hammer down!

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Usually dealer give you the coast guard package for free (all requirement for Florida). I also got anchor chain/100 ft rope and 2 dock line for free.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Cyclecle springs aint gonna give you a kit, not on this market, but still try are you dealing with scott o brandon. Whatever you don bont buy any of their kit, go to academy sport and buy the stuff there even their gides are very affortable.dont wast your money buying cheap anchors , buy a fortrss or their knockoff wich its just a fortress without their branding.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As far as flares, don't buy flares. Buy a USCG approved distress light. Flares expire and the flag works for daytime.

And don't forget fenders. At least 3. If you are going to raft up...6. Don't rely on others' fenders.

Edit: We can sit here all night and spend your money. lol

Last edited:

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First aid kit
Knife (never know when you will need to cut a rope)
2nd anchor for stern if you plan to hang out by a sandbar.
Salt away or similar for flushing
Anti corrosive spray for bilge and engine, CorrosionX or similar. (Academy stocks this as well).
Lastly, patience the first few times out as you acclimate to the process of launching/retrieving.

Enjoy!

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When you get your boat (or very soon thereafter), spray Corrosion X (or similar product) on the engine, all electrical connectors (engine bay and inside the console), all hose clamps throughout the boat and battery connections.

Use an anti-salt solution (West Marine's Salt Off is cheaper than some) to flush your engines after each outing (as soon as you can). I also spray an anti-salt solution on the hull and deck using a garden sprayer on the end of a hose; it makes cleaning the boat faster and more effective.

As time goes by, if you see any hint of rust anywhere, spray it with The Must For Rust. Spray it and leave it; it will be gone next time you look.

Uman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
We can sit here all night and spend your money. lol
All good info above and it will be expensive, but fortunately, yesterday I discovered a forgotten 401k account with over 200k in it so all is well.
Corrosion protection is paramount in this salt shaker area. I ordered up some CorrosionX and will mist the engine and linkage first thing.

Also, called up insurance companies and getting insurance, before that initial hammer-down event.

I will get a shop manual, when the 2021 is available....anybody know if one is out there yet?

-Uman

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Don’t forget to treat/spray the clamps and any electrical connectors that are in the bilge area (between the clean out ports there should be an access hatch). Also good practice to rinse here after an outing.

Some have also commented that new trailers don’t always have the bearings filled with grease (just a minimal coating). Might want to check that before you hitch up and haul it across the state.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, you should get one flushing attachment. You may find that having one of those screw on hose valves is very handy when flushing your engines so you can turn the water on and off right at the boat.

IMPORTANT- If you don’t already know this, when you flush an engine start the engine FIRST before turning on the water, and turn the water off FIRST before shutting the off the engine. Otherwise you risk pushing water into the engine and wrecking the engine. Also, once you turn the water off, quickly rev the engine three times to 4000 rpm to blow excess water out of the mufflers then shut the engine off. The engines’ exhaust note changes noticeably once the muffler is cleaned out. Also, again if you didn’t know this already, if for any reason the boat is going to move faster than 5 mph with an engine off you need to block the cooling water inlet line of the engine that is not running or risk pushing water into the engine(s) that are not running.

And last but not least, if you can, park your boat where you can sit in it comfortably and read the owners manual. Go check out all the different stuff the manual talks about and put your hand on all that stuff. Run through the connext touch screen and check out the various functions. There are settings for the live well aeration that are pretty cool, you can set the run time and off time for the aerator pump. If you leave the live well fill pump on it will fill up the live well and then it will overflow through its internal drain and drain overboard. This last function is nice for cleaning it out during the day, and will help keep the fish alive. There’s also a led light in the live well that comes on when you turn on the courtesy lights.

You should consider installing an onboard battery charger that you can plug into shore power That will charge the start and house batteries. I used a MinnKota MK 220 PC.

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How do you block the cooling water inlet? Just put a clamp on the hose?

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Some people install valves in the lines, but you can also just use locking plastic radiator hose clamps from your local auto parts store (about $15 for a 3 pack).

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As far as flares, don't buy flares. Buy a USCG approved distress light. Flares expire and the flag works for daytime.

And don't forget fenders. At least 3. If you are going to raft up...6. Don't rely on others' fenders.

Edit: We can sit here all night and spend your money. lol
I have one of those Weems & Plath distress lights I keep on my Sailboat. I am going to buy another for the FSH 210.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some people install valves in the lines, but you can also just use locking plastic radiator hose clamps from your local auto parts store (about $15 for a 3 pack).

The valves are much cooler imho... I plan on getting around to it this spring.