• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

your opinions requested on decals for the fins

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

I was asked if I would be interested in having a set of decals available for customers to add to their Ultimate fins, keep in mind they have to be a special decal called hi tack because of the decals being in the water.
My small decals are hi tack decals and they are more expensive than the regular type.
These decals would be placed on the plane side of the fins , since the fins are reversible you could place the decals on the 2 outside fins where they would show outward leaving the other side of the fins with the original decals and stampings facing inward.
This could also be done optionally on the inner fins on a twin engine boat if you so desired.
These decals would run about 20 dollars each so it wouldn't be all that expensive to do 2 or even 4 of the surfaces.
My question is basically do people want something like this?
I can also get them made for the magnum fins.
On a side note they also have the 7th hole position on them so if you have the early 6 hole fins you automatically know where to drill the 7th hole to upgrade them.
The concern I have is all this fang stuff is really taxing me.
I do everything myself so processing a 39 dollar A K fang order or a 40 dollar decal order is just as much work and takes just as much time as doing a steering order .
So honestly I was not all that crazy about doing this because it's the busy season and I have a lot to do already, but I decided to let you people give me feedback on this so I can decide if I want to go with it.
So what is the consensus ?
Keep in mind I am not installing them, that would be your job , A little soap and water with a squeegee. I wanted to post this here since I put it on another post without realizing It would confuse things. so I am going to put a link from that one over to here.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think this is a great idea.
My only suggestion would be if you can also offer solid color and/or some pattern options.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't get it. My fins are in the water all the time so they would not be visible. Even if your fins were up at speed, do you really want someone close enough to see the decal? The only place you could really show them off is while on the trailer on the ramp and if you're doing things right there that's only for a couple of minutes. I have the Ultimates, I'm definitely in for the fangs but I'll pass on the tattoos. Keep up the good work Jeff.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
HAAAA you make funny! SWATSKI
Ok I will use you as an example .
Remember I am even hesitant to do this decal caper for many reasons. Cost, time more work for me. MY focus is on making Jet Boats and personal watercraft steer better, no not better, unbelievably better. To make the customers jet boating experience the best I can .
Addressing the issues people have with their jet propelled watercraft. I think I have been accomplishing this goal for over 15 years. You as an example may have had other steering on your boat but ULTIMATELY " pun intended" you chose my steering even though it was not all bling even though this part is being important you, and after comparing the features and benefits of both systems and having a 30 day money back guarantee on my steering system, you chose to keep it on your boat and you have enjoyed the effect it has on your boating experience.
So at the end of the day on the water what really matters is you enjoyed how well your boat performed for you and your family.
Anyone can bling up their steering some people anodize or powder coat them etc. So nothing restricts you from adding the bling factor . I am just putting this out there as I promised to see if it is worth my effort.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes GYM they are in the water and no you can't see them, your statement is one of the reasons I hesitate to even do this but I was approached and I made a promise to do some research on weather it was viable or even desirable so this is what I am doing. I feel it will be a lot of distractions but I also feel it may be something a portion of my customer base would be interested in and since it is a retro fit kit it can be for past customers as well as new ones, so I am asking them..

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I understand they are of better quality because of being underwater. I just can't imagine getting any longevity out of them. But that is just my opinion.....I hope I am wrong.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
good point

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looks sweet!
I wouldn't buy em.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I guess it is for the look on the trailer....as pointed out already....you won't see them at other times. I wouldn't buy them...unless they had a Jetboaters.net logo on them....or perhaps a Snake with a Jetboaters.net logo on his head eating a YJB mouse! LOL

As for shipping the fangs....I'm hoping you include them as a complete kit with the fins (would help those of us about to install on new boats anyway!)

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would prefer a solid powder coated finish in colors that match the boat hulls with your logo in a contrasting color.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There you go we put a Yjb mouse on the fangs running from the cobra on the fins.. I already include the AK fangs with the locks and the magnum AK steering that saves you on the locks and saves the shipping on the fangs, Already have an order like this from a member who ordered that combo however it still has to be sent to me directly so I can send the pay pal since it is still not on my web site and I don't know when it will be I am just now finishing forming the tabs for the regular fangs that were corrected.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
There is also anodizing that can be done in a variety of colors. I"m just throwing it out there, I would be more inclined to have a fancy boat decal so people know why you can dock your jet boat and do circles around them with little effort.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would prefer a solid powder coated finish in colors that match the boat hulls with your logo in a contrasting color.
Okay, I really do not know how to say it. But I agree with @Bruce, that would be nice, a solid color matching the hull, with contrasting color edges and cutouts.
Kind of like the other system, is I guess what I'm trying to say.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am retracting my design suggestion to vote for @Julians!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the sticker looks incredible. But I also think it would be similar to getting a tattoo on your armpit, no one is going to see it unless you point it out to them.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
How about a boat decal....Showing the Fangs keeping sand out of your V****a? :winkingthumbsup"lol

Higgy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Yeah the stickers look cool, but I wouldn't buy em either. I like @Bruce 's idea also. I just bought some ultimates and fangs but have not installed them yet. I'm thinking of polishing them. I like shiny things.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not for me, I like the plain/oem look I have now. they look and feel solid as is, covering them up/pimping them out with a full face decal would detract from that IMHO.

As a proud new owner of the ultimates and fangs I'd put the standard decal on the boat for all to see. Jeff @Cobra Jet Steering LLC how do I get my hands on a couple of the standard /oval decals?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other