• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Zup Do More v You Got This board?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have decided to buy one of these products, most of the reviews are favorable for the you got this board but I can't find any on the newer do more board. According to Zup the do more board is more smaller, more responsive and less forgiving than their you got this board. If anyone owns or has tried the do more board please post your thoughts on it as well as why you chose it over the original you got this Zup board.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Watching.... also curious about this. (Particularly in respect to young beginners)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So the money was burning a hole in my pocket especially since my wife and son just had some retail therapy so I placed orders for the Zup version 1 (for beginners) the handle and carrying case as well as a Jobe Omnia similar to the Zup do more but from a company with more experience designing and manufacturing water sports boards. I will post some reviews once I get them in the water.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Jobe Omnia was delivered today. I recall reading the dimensions before I ordered this but it is still a lot bigger than I thought it would be. For reference my son is 4'10" tall.

image.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got the zup, line/handle and cover today. Surprised that the zup is as tall as the omnia. Omnia is supposed to be more responsive guess I'll find out soon.
IMG_8217.JPG

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ronnie have you gotten these to the water, yet? We actually got on the lake this weekend. Still too cold to get in (about 60 degrees my father in law says), but daughter says she's anxious to try something other than tubing this year. Hoping to hear your review on the Zup before I order. Thanks!

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you had a chance to test these out yet? I've been trying to decide between the Jobe Omnia and the Zup DoMore or a FAD board

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Haven't taken either to the water yet. The reviews on amazon seem to be good for anything but items with removable/adjustable parts. The do more is shorter and thinner than the you got this and the Omnia is about the same size as the got this but is thinnet and lighter.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought the Zup - you got this - board. We tried it out a couple weeks ago while at the lake and my 10 year old son was able to stand up on it for the 1st time, but only for ~10 seconds before he fell. Water was cold, so he didn't want to spend too much more time, but he said he really liked it. Until now, he's only knee boarded and never stood up behind the boat, so I'm pretty happy thus far. My 8 year old hasn't even been able to knee board before, but I'm sure when he tries this thing out, he'll get it.

My 210 Lb buddy was able to easily stand up on the Zup board too, but he has a bit more skiing experience under his belt.

The board is quite big! I'm concerned it won't fit in the wake board racks and it'll have to sit in the floor. Can anyone confirm what size boards fit in the wake racks?

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just ordered a Jobe Omnia, can't wait to try it out! Was going to get a ZUP, I had never heard of the Jobe Omnia before your post, thanks for posting about it!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hope it works out for you and I both. I still haven't figured out if it will fit in the ski locker or head compartment. It will get a lot more use if I can store it in a compartment instead on the deck.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I should be taking delivery of my new 212X this Saturday. I went to the dealer last weekend and took my knee and Zup board to see where I could put them - they don't fit anywhere! Dealer knows someone that'll modify the bimini fabric by sewing-in a pouch with straps so boards can be stored on top of the bimini. Says it should cost no more than $200, so I think that's the plan. I'll post some pictures when I can.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Omnia got its first use this past weekend with 3 teenage boys including my son. First, we took it over the zup only because it fit in the ski locker whereas the zup is about three inches too wide. Neither fit in the head compartment, too tall.

The Omnia board was a hit. One boy had never been towed was able to get on his knees, the other who had tubed but not knee boarded got to his feet and my son was able to get to his feet and out of the bindings so he was riding it like a wake board. This was all on the first try. So far I'm glad I boaught it.

Before I forget to mention this, if you have a Zup or Omnia but not the tow line marketed with it be sure the the line you use had a handle short enough to fit into the hook in the board. We initially tried to use one whose handle was too wide to fit between the boards handles so it could not seat in the hook properly.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks interesting but I think I'll wait until there is more user feedback.

Ronnie can you tell us how wide is the Omni at the widest point? I want to know if it will fit in my port storage.

Pretty pricey.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will verify this soon but I recall the omnia being 26" wide so it just fit into my ski locker whereas the zup (original not do more) is 2" wider and would not fit into the ski locker. My son originally brought out the zup but I sent him back for the Omnia so we could put it away v on deck. One nice thing about the zip is that a backpack / bag is available which I think can be secured to the top or bottom of a wakeboard tower so that the zip could be stored there underway. I got a good deal on the zip original now that the zip do more is available. Just something to consider if you want to save a few dollars. I can't speak to how well the zip works yet as mine is still unused. It was nice to have all the boys use the Omnia and like it especially since two of the boys were total newbies. Beats the hell out of constantly circling back and resetting to try and get a person up on a wakeboard.

Last edited:

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I tried last night, no luck getting the board in the 19' ski locker. Not even close. Now my plan is the somehow strap it to the swim platform while underway

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just bought the Jobe Stimmel. Can't wait to try it out!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got my 10yr old daughter on the Zup You Got This version 2 board a few times this week. It's her new favorite. First time on anything other than a tube.

She's been up to her knees and approached the wake on either side, but hasn't tried standing yet. Wife was standing on it, first time out.

@Julian you mentioned bringing your ski trainer to Shelbyville. I don't think that's going to be necessary. I think this board will serve close enough for that function. Thanks!