• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Chapparel Vortex 243 Engine Troubles

tommyh916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

have a 2016 chaparral vortex 243. Recently been having engine troubles on the starboard side. The engine will turn out but will not start. I posted the fault codes. If anyone can help, I will be greatly appreciative. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
P0300 and P0301 are misfires. I'd check your spark plugs for those.

P0037 and P0136 seem to be related to your O2 sensor downstream. You may need to replace it.

How's your battery though? Low voltage on batteries can cause a lot of weird things like faulty sensors. So make sure you're battery is in good shape first.

Also, you mentioned nothing of your port engine but the codes indicate you have misfires on that engine too.

tommyh916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Port starts and runs with no problems. So battery was replaced on starboard about a month ago. I think I’m gonna go ahead and replace the battery on the port side as well as the spark plugs on both motors and the 02 sensors on the starboard side.

tommyh916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
P0300 and P0301 are misfires. I'd check your spark plugs for those.

P0037 and P0136 seem to be related to your O2 sensor downstream. You may need to replace it.

How's your battery though? Low voltage on batteries can cause a lot of weird things like faulty sensors. So make sure you're battery is in good shape first.

Also, you mentioned nothing of your port engine but the codes indicate you have misfires on that engine too.
Also, do you have a good site to obtain these parts at?

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
No, sorry. I'm located in Canada myself. I assume you have a Rotax engine... http://epc.brp.com/ allows you to track down Rotax JPS BRP part numbers. That should be helpful at least. Otherwise, @Dean P is a Chap owner and can probably add more info.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Also, do you have a good site to obtain these parts at?
I have a 2017 223VRX. I found that these batteries need to be fully charged (preferably on a battery charger - see sig) to prevent "stupid" stuff from happening. O2 sensors will drive you nuts. I've replaced them, had the dealer replace them and I replaced them again. Now, I just live with it. Doesn't hurt anything. But, if you prefer, I purchased mine from Amazon; you'll save a ton. As long as the end and the connection is the same you'll be good. See pic below for some ideas. Good luck.

1623800674481.png