• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 ar240 high temperature warning signal

Martin Flores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi frequently have some over heating warning messages on my 2019 ar240
But the water is not hot when touching the flowing water on the water cooling pilot

Martin Flores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But the water is not hot when touching the flowing water on the water cooling pilot
Please advice if any jetboater fellow has had that issue

Martin Flores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_6102.jpeg

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Check your intake hoses for kinks.
Check your intake pump screen for obstructions.

Can you provide more context on when and how it's happening? The pump pisser indicator is just that, indicates water is coming in, but not always that the engine is being cooled.

Martin Flores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check your intake hoses for kinks.
Check your intake pump screen for obstructions.

Can you provide more context on when and how it's happening? The pump pisser indicator is just that, indicates water is coming in, but not always that the engine is being cooled.
Last night when the temperature waning Came again I stopped both engine and checked their temperatures with an IR thermometer in the parts of both engines and temperatures reading were almost exactly the same

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Last night when the temperature waning Came again I stopped both engine and checked their temperatures with an IR thermometer in the parts of both engines and temperatures reading were almost exactly the same
On the water or hose?

Martin Flores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I checkd temperatures at the exhaust manifold and heads of both engines with very similar temperatures readings
On the water or hose?
on the water where the water temperature was on
On the water or hose?
on the sea water at 70F water temperature

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That engine has 3 temperatures sensors 2 on the block and one on the exhaust tube near the cooling water intake for that wets the exhaust system and get blowen out the boat. If you want to chase this yourself I would download the service manual on line it will give you voltages and ohm these sensors should be within a certain range.

Did you check temp on both exhaust tubes at the temp senser with your IR gun. Any of the senser can fail but the senser on the exhaust tube.....that areas temperature is controlled by cooling water coming off the voltage regulator and any restriction 20 or 30% from debrie in that small water hose could change temperature at this sensor rather quickly.

Good luck chasing the temp sensor........ is not high on my fun meter.

knoxboatin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FWIW... I had the same type of overheat error on one engine repeatedly, 2021 AR210. The engine was not overheated, it was a bogus error. I have a dual battery setup with a 4-position switch, but had no hard-set notion of one being "house" and one being "start/run". I found that if I ran the boat on the battery that did not have the direct bilge wire also attached to it (battery 1), I would get overheat errors. If I ran the boat on the battery that does have the direct bilge wire connected, (battery 2) all ran fine and no overheat errors. So, I occasionally use battery 1 to run the radio when anchored, but leave the switch in battery 2 position when cruising around. My only guess was some electrical oddity because the switch for the manual bilge switch at the helm was seeing a different voltage source than the auto/always-on connection... I have no scientific root-cause explanation but the problem is gone if I mind the position of my switch properly. A surprise overheat error is super annoying with a boat full of people... good luck on narrowing it down!

Martin Flores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That engine has 3 temperatures sensors 2 on the block and one on the exhaust tube near the cooling water intake for that wets the exhaust system and get blowen out the boat. If you want to chase this yourself I would download the service manual on line it will give you voltages and ohm these sensors should be within a certain range.

Did you check temp on both exhaust tubes at the temp senser with your IR gun. Any of the senser can fail but the senser on the exhaust tube.....that areas temperature is controlled by cooling water coming off the voltage regulator and any restriction 20 or 30% from debrie in that small water hose could change temperature at this sensor rather quickly.

Thanks David I will try replacing the 3 temperatures sensors keeping finger and toes crossed

Martin Flores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FWIW... I had the same type of overheat error on one engine repeatedly, 2021 AR210. The engine was not overheated, it was a bogus error. I have a dual battery setup with a 4-position switch, but had no hard-set notion of one being "house" and one being "start/run". I found that if I ran the boat on the battery that did not have the direct bilge wire also attached to it (battery 1), I would get overheat errors. If I ran the boat on the battery that does have the direct bilge wire connected, (battery 2) all ran fine and no overheat errors. So, I occasionally use battery 1 to run the radio when anchored, but leave the switch in battery 2 position when cruising around. My only guess was some electrical oddity because the switch for the manual bilge switch at the helm was seeing a different voltage source than the auto/always-on connection... I have no scientific root-cause explanation but the problem is gone if I mind the position of my switch properly. A surprise overheat error is super annoying with a boat full of people... good luck on narrowing it down!
Thanks so much I hope to find it

Martin Flores

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thinking on that I have a clue maybe the DVSR is failing provoked My house battery hasn’t been well charged
So that issue could be provoking the overheating warnings on my boat?

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Overheat Ghost is a hard one to find. I have it. Pulled the sensors, bought new and tested the old and the new per the manual... Still haunting me from time to time.

Now the KnoxBoatin comment came at me from left field. I also have a dual set up that I installed, Blue Seas, but it was installed years earlier. Plus I think I rewired the bilge to the house battery. The Blue Seas system "switch" doesn't have the 4 poles, just 2 but I leave it almost always in the main position. Will try putting it in the "both" position and see what happens.