• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Current Orders, Deliveries and 2022 Model Startup

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HangOutdoors- How can Yamaha make a 21 into a 22? Don't they have to register the serial number and that number would have been created when they put the mold on right?
Yes, but that doesn’t mean that it’s a 2021, when they creat a certificate of origin they put the Hull ID number on that and then they put it as a 2022. When you buy a new boat you will get that certificate and you take that to your DMV to get it registered. Then your state will creat a title (provided your state does titles for boats) and that’s that.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
HangOutdoors- How can Yamaha make a 21 into a 22? Don't they have to register the serial number and that number would have been created when they put the mold on right?
I don't see them doing that. I see them finishing any 2021's they have left over and shipping them out as such.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m curious to see what the price increase will be for 2022s. I’ve heard MSRP will increase by 10%.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get the fact that prices on everything are going up and the components that are needed to make the boats. Fair enough. It is happening everywhere and on everything. BUT, as I look at my boat, and believe me I have been over every inch of it personally doing one thing or another, I don't get how it should cost $47,000. There really isn't that much to it. Two engines, some fiberglass and gelcoat and some meager stock electronics.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I get the fact that prices on everything are going up and the components that are needed to make the boats. Fair enough. It is happening everywhere and on everything. BUT, as I look at my boat, and believe me I have been over every inch of it personally doing one thing or another, I don't get how it should cost $47,000. There really isn't that much to it. Two engines, some fiberglass and gelcoat and some meager stock electronics.
I get that! Have you looked at the price on pontoons? A few tubes, some flat boards and some furniture and those are selling for $70k plus! I don’t get it!

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
LOL. Exactly what I was thinking on Monday out on the water...there really isn't that much into this boat.

I really like my AR195 but I think we will be selling it in August. We just need to go bigger with having 2 or more families in the boat. We ran 9 people in it all weekend (3 days in a row) and while I never felt cramped, I could see some things that made it a struggle.

drodnyc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
9 people on a AR195? how did it perform? I've been going back and forth with the AR195 and 210 for same reason. I have a "pre-order" for a "22" AR195 now. Don't expect to have more than 6 adults, but it will be consistent. Concerned about being cramped and having a sluggish ride.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
9 people on a AR195? how did it perform? I've been going back and forth with the AR195 and 210 for same reason. I have a "pre-order" for a "22" AR195 now. Don't expect to have more than 6 adults, but it will be consistent. Concerned about being cramped and having a sluggish ride.
i feel cramped with 6 on my 255 lol

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah 6 is about my preferred max. Sunday I had ten on my boat but luckily it was only very short distances (like a few hundred yards). Even that was too much.

Eriejetboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I spent a good amount of time with 9 on my 252 over the past week. I was actually pleasantly surprised how roomy it felt. As soon as people find their seats it works great. Had 5 kids ages 10-13 and 4 adults and it was great. More roomy than a 25’ dual console we were out on the day earlier.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had 5 teens and actually 4 adults in my AR195 plus I had my 150-200 lb ballast tank filled on the left side where the wakebooster was connected. Everyone wake surfed including myself (47 and 180 lbs.). On the way back into the dock I pressed the throttle a bit and pushed like 32 or 33 if I recall (ballast tank not filled). I guess I wasn't expecting it to launch into orbit but everyone who wanted to surf, surfed.

I am the guy who likes things tidy and kept and don't usually walk into large crowds or tight places but even with life jackets thrown about, I just don't feel cramped in this boat with 2 families on board. Do I wish my AR195 had a bit more git up and go? Of course. I keep wondering what would happen with a new cone installed but for now it works fine.

As I indicated above, I am probably going to sell in August and go a bit bigger or go to a dedicated tow boat. I just like this boat so much. Will be a hard decision.

Shipbuilder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went to the local Yamaha dealer in San Diego yesterday to start the buying process. Things he told me.

1. he expects to find out next week or the following week at the latest when the 2022's will come in.
  2. you cant buy most of the models in California. nothing with a D and no 255's.
based upon this I am not sure why I would go new. I wanted to go new to get all the cool extras was thinking 255 XD but if I can't have those I'm not sure I should pay extra for a 252 SE or 252 XE

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the supercharged engines don't meet emissions regs in California. I know the 300hp Rotax don't.

Last edited:

Shipbuilder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yeah big bummer I can't get the superchargers. But I don't know why none of the "D" models would be available so no 252SD

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
yeah big bummer I can't get the superchargers. But I don't know why none of the "D" models would be available so no 252SD
Some of the crap that California does is ridiculous.

Shipbuilder

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
commie fornia. but I don't think I'll ever leave.

I have some money coming in around September ($50K). I think I'll be patient until then and once the cash is in hand decide between:

New
  1. 252 SE
  2. 252 XE
Used

1. 242 limited S E

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
commie fornia. but I don't think I'll ever leave.

I have some money coming in around September ($50K). I think I'll be patient until then and once the cash is in hand decide between:

New
  1. 252 SE
  2. 252 XE
Used

1. 242 limited S E
If you are into wake sports go with XE if not go with SE, 242 is a awesome boat but some of the features on the 252 are sweet. Why don’t you think you’ll leave cali?

G1911

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I was told the 212xe I picked up last week was the last one going out from Yamaha. I don’t know if that true or not but I’m glad I didn‘t have to wait until 2022

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I was told the 212xe I picked up last week was the last one going out from Yamaha. I don’t know if that true or not but I’m glad I didn‘t have to wait until 2022
I’m still waiting on a reply from Yamaha acknowledging my cancellation after telling me the boat would arrive within two weeks. Still seething.