• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just purchased Sea Doo 200 Speedster 510

Apec

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hi all, first post here. Long time Sea Doo owner, mostly good things to say. Today purchased the 2012 510hp twin engine 200 Speedster. (I think thats what its officially called). Long story short, a family friend sunk one of our aging PWC's and with changing family dynamics, I decided on a jet boat instead of two jet ski's. With not too much info on this boat online, other than its a killer on gas, bad in choppy waters, and very fast, I'm looking on this forum for help. If anyone has experience with this boat or any of the twin engine Sea Doo Speedsters, please drop some knowledge. Its much appreciated.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Well, the first thing I can tell you is that you'll have a lot more in common with Scarab's vs Yamaha. We have the same engine and many similar components. Yamahas are quite different when it comes to the power train, but we're all cousins. So I'd pay attention to the Scarab section of the forum. Much of that info will apply to you.

Like any boat, maintain it well. Check clamps regularly, pay attention to it. Make sure everything is working well. Tighten screws/bolts/nuts occasionally. Change the oil/plugs/coolant as recommended.

Apec

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hey guys quick update. Took the boat out tonight on the Delaware River and ran flawless. Only about an hour but cruises around Philly and back to dock. Checked all fittings, oil, hose clamps and all looked great. Next up is take it to the shop and download with BUDS to get a better idea what previous owner did. So far so good. Boat is a bad mf’er.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you know the hours on those engines? I remember hearing of a Supercharger service interval of like 100hrs or so? I could be wrong. There were recalls on the early ones, so I am unsure if 2012 was in that ballpark. But don't let me fill your head full of doubt. Any SeaDoo dealer should still be able to service those engines as they are right out of the PWC line.

Good luck, and enjoy the smiles per gallon. It's a water rocket! Is yours the Wake Edition? I loved that boat.

Apec

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Do you know the hours on those engines? I remember hearing of a Supercharger service interval of like 100hrs or so? I could be wrong. There were recalls on the early ones, so I am unsure if 2012 was in that ballpark. But don't let me fill your head full of doubt. Any SeaDoo dealer should still be able to service those engines as they are right out of the PWC line.

Good luck, and enjoy the smiles per gallon. It's a water rocket! Is yours the Wake Edition? I loved that boat.
I know I could get flamed for this, but no I don’t know the hours. I’m taking to download at a shop this week and get the full update. Very excited to get the full low down and see what it says. Fully anticipating a SC rebuild this offseason, then hopefully we’ll be good a for the next two seasons. She sure is thirsty, but hey you don’t buy a Corvette and complain about gas, right?

pug pug

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
hiya. fantastic beasts the 200.i have the 430 wake with the tower, red and white love it.i have had seadoo jet ski,s for years and worked on all diffo ski.s from the old 2 stroke to the newer 300.i have got 75 hours on engines.so thought its time to rebuild my 2 super chargers.and yes the super chargers both had the dredded ceramic washers. seadoo change to steel one.s 2009 so your good for 100 hours but mind and change them!!,i rebuilt my 2 s.c with the so called 200 hour kit but am sure i will be rebuilding them again at 100 hours.so far i have had no trouble what so ever with big bad barry. just look after your boat and it will look after you.anythink your not sure of give me a shout am only across the pond as they say.enjoy your beast.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Congrats on the buy! that is a STUPID FAST boat. pretty sure you're good to rebuild the supercharger at 200hrs or 2 years, what ever comes first. Like @pug pug said, after 2009, seadoo replaced their ceramic washers with stainless steel washers. That among other things bumped the rebuild interval to 200 hrs / 2 years. Though as with any SC boat, its probably something better done sooner rather than later.

POST PICTURES!! :winkingthumbsup"📸

TonyDownunder

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hi, just wondering how you are going with the Speedster? Any issues since you’ve had it. I’m looking at getting a 2008 or 2010 year model. I had a 2000yr model Challenger 1800 a while back when the kids were younger, loved the speed, and jet safety around young ones. Anyone have any tips at what i should make a priority to check out when viewing it?
Thanks
Tony Brisbane

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn’t know what this thing was and so I researched it and my god the videos online look fun and fast!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think that was seadoo’s answer to the Yamaha 212. Second only to the 230 in seadoo’ alone up at the time. There should be a few review videos on YouTube. Don’t know about maintenance, assume it’s like their pwcs of the same era but getting replacement parts may be a real PITA.