• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Throttle Sync For Newer Yamaha Models

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2022 AR210, & would love a throttle sync.

I’ve asked JetboatPilot Customer Service, and they don’t make it for boats newer than 2017 (as stated on their website).

My hope is if there’s enough demand, they would consider making it for the newer models.

Maybe if enough people respond, Will would update the sync for newer models?

(Note: I posted this comment on another thread, but thought the subject would be better served in the general discussion, and would get more attention).

Iseoll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t believe there are any changes from the 2017 thru 2022 AR210. I have a 2017 and there are no changes except for colors as far as I know. I would call Jet Boat Pilot and ask. I’m pretty sure the throttle’s didn’t change at all from 17 to 22

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t believe there are any changes from the 2017 thru 2022 AR210. I have a 2017 and there are no changes except for colors as far as I know. I would call Jet Boat Pilot and ask. I’m pretty sure the throttle’s didn’t change at all from 17 to 22
That’s what I assumed, but I wanted to verify it before I ordered.
I called & spoke with someone and they said no for models newer than 2017.
I’ll call again to verify, in case she was mistaken.
This was a few weeks ago.

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They don’t make them for models newer than 2017:
C74EB4E5-B175-47EB-8F5A-87AA1382DBAF.jpeg

Iseoll

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder what could be different. That’s the first I’ve heard of that.

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m not sure, but I wish there was enough demand to drive JBP into revising the design to accommodate the newer models.

I like having two throttles, but sometimes I get tired of having to hold them together by hand (when I want the engines to be at the same RPMs/speed, & I’m not at WOT). It’s that mid range hand sync that gives me that carpal tunnel syndrome in my wrist.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’d like it too.
@JetBoatPilot how many people would you need before considering doing a version for the newer boats?
Many! We'd have to invest $20000 in either a new tool or a new carbon fiber printer to make those parts. They're super low volume so it takes a long time to recoup the cost of making them.

BenjaminF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many! We'd have to invest $20000 in either a new tool or a new carbon fiber printer to make those parts. They're super low volume so it takes a long time to recoup the cost of making them.
Thanks for the heads up. I guess it's probably not going to happen considering the limited amount of boats it represents.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Its not completely a dead deal. We're testing carbon fiber bodies in the next few months. If they prove to be strong enough its feasible that we could move Lateral Thruster 2.0 production to carbon fiber material which would then give us the ability to print the new Throttle Sync from the same platform. To be clear the current Lateral Thruster is doing extremely well and we don't need to move to carbon fiber, but the next level of quality and capability is carbon fiber so at some point we're going to be looking that way.

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its not completely a dead deal. We're testing carbon fiber bodies in the next few months. If they prove to be strong enough its feasible that we could move Lateral Thruster 2.0 production to carbon fiber material which would then give us the ability to print the new Throttle Sync from the same platform. To be clear the current Lateral Thruster is doing extremely well and we don't need to move to carbon fiber, but the next level of quality and capability is carbon fiber so at some point we're going to be looking that way.
Thanks for the info.
Getting ready to install my Lateral Thrusters 2.0 this weekend BTW…thanks for the group buy discount!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for the info.
Getting ready to install my Lateral Thrusters 2.0 this weekend BTW…thanks for the group buy discount!!
Awesome let us know how they perform! And thank you for your business!

Maxxam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any update on a Throttle Sync for the new style analog throttles? I have a 2020 AR240.

Thanks!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any update on a Throttle Sync for the new style analog throttles? I have a 2020 AR240.

Thanks!
Unfortunately the owner of the product has decided to close the company and is not interested in further deveopment. So for now we will not be pursuing the development of the newer version. Who knows what the future holds. Sorry about that.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thanks!
While it is an expensive option, the Hydrophase Ridesteady was amazing for throttle sync with the added benefit of being a must have for wake related watersports. It can be set so that your engines are at the exact same rpm at all times and the speed loss/gain is at the most 0.2 mph when pulling someone on a wakeboard. It has been by far my favorite mod as I was always OCD about matching my rpms when cruising as it seemed that no matter how even I kept both throttle sticks the rpm's would never match. So I'd always be tapping them back and forth and it annoyed me (again ocd). Also, it eliminated the annoying pitch you get when the motors are at a different rpm without any thought.

Maxxam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be sure to look into this as an option. Thanks for your input! [flag]

Maxxam

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Understood - thanks for the fast response! :thumbsup: A bit surprising that they didn't do a 2nd revision for the updated analog throttles. They already had the know-how and there were a bunch of boats built with these throttles. I wouldn't even mind an inexpensive clip-on alternative... 🤷‍♂️

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be sure to look into this as an option. Thanks for your input! [flag]
As @YoDaddy292 kindly pointed out, our Ridesteady for Yamaha system will automatically sync the engines electronically. And it does this constantly, so even if you bump the throttles, it will re-sync.

And of course there are many other features including GPS speed control, RPM speed control, and our new Auto Launch that ramps up the boat to the set speed at the desired acceleration.

More than happy to answer any questions if you have any!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
While it is an expensive option, the Hydrophase Ridesteady was amazing for throttle sync with the added benefit of being a must have for wake related watersports. It can be set so that your engines are at the exact same rpm at all times and the speed loss/gain is at the most 0.2 mph when pulling someone on a wakeboard. It has been by far my favorite mod as I was always OCD about matching my rpms when cruising as it seemed that no matter how even I kept both throttle sticks the rpm's would never match. So I'd always be tapping them back and forth and it annoyed me (again ocd). Also, it eliminated the annoying pitch you get when the motors are at a different rpm without any thought.
I second this - if you have a non "E" boat and want to sync throttles RideSteady is the sh*t!