• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower Issues 2023 Yamaha 222SE

Tidbits

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone experienced problems with lowering/raising tower on the new Yamaha Jet Boats? I bought a new 2022SE September 2023 and since day 1 it takes 2 or 3 people to lift and lock the tower in place. The boat was stored Tavares FL. They had to lower the tower to store (it was lifted into place). Each time I took the boat out I had to request help from the staff there to help me get the tower back into place.
The boat was purchased from VForce Marine in Longwood, they tell me it's a known issue with Yamaha and that there is no workable solution as of yet. They also tell me they sold other Yamaha's that are having the same problem.
I've spoken with Yamaha twice and they don't confess to knowing anything about this problem.
Anyway, sorry for the long post I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so was it ever resolved. Thanks!!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Help us understand the issue better - is the tower just stiff in the raising/lowering process? Not easy to lock? I have a ton of weight on my tower due to speakers, and it's only a two person job (one holds the tower, the other unlocks it). I can't imagine needing another person...

Tidbits

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for replying Anmut. It is metal againt metal, starboard side. Not heavy as I have no tower speakers. It takes one or two people to force the tower into place and another to put the pins in. My wife and I cannot do it, we help from a 3rd person. The Dealer tells me it is a known Yamaha issue, Yamaha tells me it is not.
Dealer called me today telling me I can pick up the boat, they believe they have made it easier to lift and put into place. They also stressed to me the issue remains. I paid too stinking much for this boat to have an unresolved issue like this. Between the Dealer and Yamaha I don't know who to believe...

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Any chance you can take a video?

Tidbits

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sure though It'll be a few days before I pick the boat up from the dealer....

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I went last week to pick up my friends new AR 250, the dealer showed us how to lower the tower IF every necessary. It took 2 people and even then it was hard to get the cables in the right orientation to have them hidden inside the tower base and install the thumb screws. There was no metal on metal contact, it was just awkward. At the end, it took both of us to lift each side of the tower into position and the dealers mechanic was the one who stored the cables inside the mount and screwed the thumb screws into place. So yeah, its seems like a 2 or 3 person job.
Picking up my AR 220 on Saturday, so will see if its any different.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My AR250's tower only takes 2 people to do it. 1 to hold the tower and the second to work the thumbscrew doohickie's.
The cables can be an issue but not always, i learned not to lower it too much and get them jammed. However, there is no metal to metal contact at all, and truth be told, if i had to, I could do it by myself, but I dont want to risk it.

What the dealer is telling you isn't true, at least its not an issue that has been reported as widespread and this is the first time I hear about it on the forum.