• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Uneven jet covers

Rafee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi,

Only took my boat a couple of times in the water since I got it. Still trying to get used to it.

today, I just felt like I didn’t have as much power or control as the previous time, but it was subtle.

Then, I noticed that the covers that go over the jets are quite uneven when the boat is on neutral and out of the water. Pic attached. What is happening?

Attachments

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Neutral throttles straight up and down..................this also is the only position the engines will start because of the neutral safety switch.

The reverse/neutral buckets should be down with approx 1 inch of space up from the bottom of the jet tube on both sides. This allows forward thrust and water is also forced Doward and forward (reverse).........they should be equalized or close at this point waiting for minor adjustments.

Yours are in forward thrust mode with the right gate in full forward with the left gate at around 90%,,,,,,,,,,,,,sure would make it hard for standing still neutral.