• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2001 Sugar Sand Mirage with Sport Jet 175 loses power at full throttle

db199

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Hey all. I had a rebuilt sport jet 175 installed in my boat a few years ago. It has been running fine but I encountered a problem that started recently. When I go full throttle, it runs fine or about 6-8 seconds, then loses about 80% of its power. I'm too nervous to continue pushing the throttle to see what would happen so I back off. Then it runs fine at all other engine/throttle speeds. Until I push it to full throttle again and it again loses power after a short time. Seems weird to me but I thought maybe one of you might have an idea of what may be happening. I've been planning on rebuilding my carbs with upgraded reeds but I have not done so yet. Perhaps it's a carb issue? Thanks for your help.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Fuel starvation, or water in the fuel, or could be a bad fuel pump, or air starvation from a dirty air filter.