• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited/ Charleston SC $25000

ttahara

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For sale is 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited with trailer. I am the second owner. We’ve had it 3 years. New Kenwood radio and swim deck remote. Dual bimini top and marine mat on floor.
Around 148 hours on both engines
Twin Yamaha MR-1 engines producing 160HP/ea
50gal gas tank, always used non-ethanol gas
Always been stored at local marina on their dry stack inside
Either I or the marina flushed the engines after each time out
Seating capacity for 10
Comes with dual batteries and triple switches.
Every year I changed the oil and spark plugs.
I replaced the whole brake system on the trailer.
Comes with life jackets, two anchors, ropes, tools, fire extinguishers, fenders, two boat covers, etc.
It has a clean title but we do have a loan out on it. The price is negotiable but cash or cashiers check only. No trades. The boat is located in the Charleston SC area.

Attachments

ttahara

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cons-the seats have some rips in them. The depth finder works intermittently and the speedometer doesn’t work, the part needed to fix is discontinued so I just used my the avionics app.

ttahara

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Price drop to $24K

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How long have you owned that boat? Was previous owner a member here?

One of my favorite Yamaha jetboats!

ttahara

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve owned it a couple years. As far as I know, he wasn’t.

ttahara

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Price drop to $23K

scguy13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Interested… looking at a couple other things locally (we’re near Lake Wylie) but gonna have a chat with the better half about this one.

Im not a boat newbie, but I AM a Yamaha jet newbie (as evidenced by the fact that this is my first post). I’ve only done light reading on these engines, but I’ve seen a lot of folks say these 2007+ motors are solid. Are they still common enough to find parts for, have a shop work on them, etc?

ttahara

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are still most parts available. I found even some aftermarket parts that worked well. I’m sure a shop would work on it but I did the with myself, I’m a mechanic by trade. To be honest, the way it’s set up, it’s not hard to work on at all. This site had plenty of good info and YouTube as well. The motors are very reliable and this one has very low hours so no worries. The price is negotiable.

scguy13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We’ve been looking in the 19-21 ft range. It’s just my wife and I, so we hadn’t considered bigger. Our goal is to get on the water and have some fun in a used boat for a few seasons then look for something new/newer. We may occasionally have another couple/kids and do some tubing but 95% will just be the two of us.
I think the extra size/space would be quite nice for two. A small part of me is concerned however about the increased size as it relates to maneuverability but I’m sure those concerns are silly. The more realistic concern is storage (has to be off site, thanks to HOA) but I think all the places I’ve check thus far can accommodate this.

We would mainly stay local at the lake up here but we do get to the beach at least once a year. The bigger size would certainly open up fun on those trips where I wouldn’t necessarily consider taking a 19 footer.

ttahara

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
to me it doesn’t feel like a 23 ft boat and it does maneuver differently than a center console but not in a bad way. We had a lot of fun on it and will be sorry to see it go but we just don’t used it enough to justify keeping it.