• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR210 Speakers

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. You're really knowledgeable on these systems. Still trying to figure out if I should upgrade. System sounds good while floating. Underway is an issue. I have 6 WS speakers and an HTX-4 amp. Still considering a soundbar and/or sub. Really not crazy about adding a sub. Wish I could just get an HTX-6 amp and plug it in without doing a bunch of splicing. There is still no availability on the audio and service manuals for the 2021's. And no wiring schematics either. Definitely makes it more difficult.
As long as you have a drill and the determination, you can do anything. I am sure of it :)

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
As long as you have a drill and the determination, you can do anything. I am sure of it :)
LOL....drilling is no longer an issue.....I have the meats

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wow. You're really knowledgeable on these systems. Still trying to figure out if I should upgrade. System sounds good while floating. Underway is an issue. I have 6 WS speakers and an HTX-4 amp. Still considering a soundbar and/or sub. Really not crazy about adding a sub. Wish I could just get an HTX-6 amp and plug it in without doing a bunch of splicing. There is still no availability on the audio and service manuals for the 2021's. And no wiring schematics either. Definitely makes it more difficult.
Simplest option is to add a powered soundbar. Just to run power, ground, and signal. You can grab signal from the output of the HTX4 with a LOC. Subs make a big difference in finishing the sound off, but sound is a preference.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Simplest option is to add a powered soundbar. Just to run power, ground, and signal. You can grab signal from the output of the HTX4 with a LOC. Subs make a big difference in finishing the sound off, but sound is a preference.
I think you told me previously non-amplified, is that correct?
Also, can you recommend an LOC that can be used to power the soundbar? So many options. TIA

Jay Perrier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I was literally about to make a similar thread and stumbled on this one. @adrianp89 you are a gentleman and a scholar. What would you recommend for tower speakers? Thanks in advance for the assist.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
@adrianp89 Figured since you are the guru, I would run this by you. 2021 212SD with the factory WetSounds Recons. I also have added a WetSounds 10" Sub and to get around the locked down HTX-4 amp, I replaced it with the HTX-6. Looking at adding some tower speakers and wondering what you recommend and if I can still run those off the current amp?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
@adrianp89 Figured since you are the guru, I would run this by you. 2021 212SD with the factory WetSounds Recons. I also have added a WetSounds 10" Sub and to get around the locked down HTX-4 amp, I replaced it with the HTX-6. Looking at adding some tower speakers and wondering what you recommend and if I can still run those off the current amp?
Can I ask what you had to do to swap out the HTX-4 for the HTX-6 ? I’ve been considering doing the same thing for awhile. Thank you

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Can I ask what you had to do to swap out the HTX-4 for the HTX-6 ? I’ve been considering doing the same thing for awhile. Thank you
As you had mentioned, no wiring diagrams are available so I hired that part out. The installer determined what wire was which from the harness and spliced into them. I can try and get a few pics in the next day or two and send your way.

I can say that the new amp made a huge difference once I get the tuning done. Since I added a sub, I also added a separate control as it would be to much work to adjust the level at the amp.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
As you had mentioned, no wiring diagrams are available so I hired that part out. The installer determined what wire was which from the harness and spliced into them. I can try and get a few pics in the next day or two and send your way.

I can say that the new amp made a huge difference once I get the tuning done. Since I added a sub, I also added a separate control as it would be to much work to adjust the level at the amp.
Thanks, that would be awesome. I plan on adding a soundbar and see how it sounds. Thanks!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think you told me previously non-amplified, is that correct?
Also, can you recommend an LOC that can be used to power the soundbar? So many options. TIA

I don't think I would have recommended non-amplified. The amplifier version is easier to work with.

The PAC LP7 should work fine, it is built to handle the power output from the HTX-4.

You will also need a 3.5mm to RCA adapter and some RCAs.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was literally about to make a similar thread and stumbled on this one. @adrianp89 you are a gentleman and a scholar. What would you recommend for tower speakers? Thanks in advance for the assist.
Loaded question. What's your budget?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I don't think I would have recommended non-amplified. The amplifier version is easier to work with.

The PAC LP7 should work fine, it is built to handle the power output from the HTX-4.

You will also need a 3.5mm to RCA adapter and some RCAs.
Thank you..👍

Jay Perrier

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Loaded question. What's your budget?
The budget is flexible. I’m not afraid to spend a few dollars, but I’m more of a bang for your buck kinda guy. The research that I’ve done so far has me leaning towards Skar Audio for the 6.5s, but they don’t make tower speakers. JL Audio is great, but overpriced IMO. Not familiar with Wet Sounds and they’re even more expensive than the JL Audio stuff, so it’s looking like Kicker might be way to go. Just looking for a little guidance.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is great info, thanks for providing a clear path for those of us with the same boat. I previously replaced the oem speakers with Polk DB652s and that makes a big difference- sounds so much better when at anchor, though not powerful enough to hear well while underway. if anyone is looking for a very inexpensive first step upgrade for the AR210, just speakers will get the ball rolling. I’m sure you could do the same with the kickers. FYI, I did have to drill new screw holes for the polks, but the openings were fine. Personally I’m going to work on sound deadening next then come back to additional stereo upgrades.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The budget is flexible. I’m not afraid to spend a few dollars, but I’m more of a bang for your buck kinda guy. The research that I’ve done so far has me leaning towards Skar Audio for the 6.5s, but they don’t make tower speakers. JL Audio is great, but overpriced IMO. Not familiar with Wet Sounds and they’re even more expensive than the JL Audio stuff, so it’s looking like Kicker might be way to go. Just looking for a little guidance.
IMO if you go towers, spend the extra money and go horn-loaded. Yes it is pricey. Yes it is worth it. I absolutely love my Kicker 9". They hardly lose any volume for 150 feet and they sound amazing. At full tilt it can make having a conversation 30 yards away difficult. I am bang for buck guy as well, but sometimes you just got to splurge a little lol.

With that being said, if you want to go another route. Try to find a 8" speaker.... any reputable brand at the best price. They are all a little pricey, and all sound pretty good. Any sound off a tower will make a really big difference behind the boat.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
IMO if you go towers, spend the extra money and go horn-loaded. Yes it is pricey. Yes it is worth it. I absolutely love my Kicker 9". They hardly lose any volume for 150 feet and they sound amazing. At full tilt it can make having a conversation 30 yards away difficult. I am bang for buck guy as well, but sometimes you just got to splurge a little lol.

With that being said, if you want to go another route. Try to find a 8" speaker.... any reputable brand at the best price. They are all a little pricey, and all sound pretty good. Any sound off a tower will make a really big difference behind the boat.
What are you powering these with?

YamaNoob

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone successfully installed 8" speakers where the 6.5s are?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Do you have some pictures of these on your tower? Thanks.