• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

207 low power??

kevin merrithew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I have a glastron 207 2015. it has about 16 hours on it. im also at about 4000 feet. when the engine is cold it will pull 7400 rpm. once it gets warm in like 1 min it drops to 6800 rpm. i know its suppose to pull 8250 rpm ish. i would guess this is at sea level. i assume the drop from 7400 to 6800 is due to the coolant warming up and not getting cooled down enough by the lake. is there a bigger cooler for this boat? a secondary cooler? or is my boat just a piece of s...? any help would be great scene i cant find a phone number to glastron anywere. and my local dealer is no help at all.

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Suggest you try a different dealer..... a Scarab dealer selling BRP products. They will be better suited to help on power train issues.

kevin merrithew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
They are one in the same

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Which engines?
I know there is a thread where someone put a bigger cooler on it and claimed that heat soak was killing the power. Same issue. On a phone at work or I would search it quick for ya.

kevin merrithew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I have the supercharged with the intercooler. That's what I was thinking the problem is I just didn't know if there was a secondary cooler on the market

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If he wants ideas about a cooler upgrade that's the closest thing I have found.

kevin merrithew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Do you guys have any idea on how hot the motor is supposed to run. Mine is about 193 deg. 203 on the high end

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Rotax 200 or 250 should be running around 7900/8000rpm at sea level and normal engine temp will be 190F, but it can go easily in the 205F area during sustained WOT operation.