• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Advice/Expertise on Jet Boat

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So my first question is: How do other jet boat brands like Vertex and SeaDoo compare to Yamaha? I do not know if Yamaha is supposed to be the best or not, but its a place to start anyway. I am just looking for thoughts on the Yamaha vs SeaDoo vs Vertex vs whatever, so I can know what to steer clear of or lean towards.
Here's our experience - we had been considering getting a new boat for a while and wanted a jetboat. So we shopped around and looked at Vortex, Scarab, Glastron, and Yamaha. The Vortex has the best finish and colour choices, but the wife didn't like the seating at all. Glastron had a nice "old fashioned" look to it, but it was too sparse in features (Glastron has ceased production of jetboats too I believe). The Scarab looked nice with the best graphics for our tastes, but was kinda sloppy finish and we didn't like the fold-back tower with poles up front for the bimini. Yamaha was in the middle of the pack for us, until we read up on the features such as the swim platform which we love, the interior layout is perfect for us, colours worked, the articulating keel does the job well, and finish has improved over the last couple of years. And best of all the twin engines run on regular fuel and have tons of power and better economy compared to twin BRP 200hp (24gph vs 32gph for the same WOT performance, while cruising is about the same at 10gph). We have no regrets on going with the Yamaha. If the Vortex had twin captains chairs, we'd probably be in a 203 or 223 with twin engines instead.

The only thing that would have made our boat better, would be more colour choices, but for $6-8,000 price difference, we can forego that option.
:D