• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone received a mooring cover yet for their 25ft Yamaha?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Has anyone received a mooring cover for the new 25ft Yamahas yet? I ordered the premium mooring cover for my 252SE back in November and the expected delivery date to my dealer keeps getting pushed back (part # MAR-255XD-MC-21...it's the one for all the 252 and 255 series boats). First it was Dec. 14, then early Jan, now Jan. 19. I'm skeptical it will actually show up on the 19th but we'll see. I've been having to use the shipping cover in the interim.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Has anyone received a mooring cover for the new 25ft Yamahas yet? I ordered the premium mooring cover for my 252SE back in November and the expected delivery date to my dealer keeps getting pushed back (part # MAR-255XD-MC-21...it's the one for all the 252 and 255 series boats). First it was Dec. 14, then early Jan, now Jan. 19. I'm skeptical it will actually show up on the 19th but we'll see. I've been having to use the shipping cover in the interim.
@tkeru408 ..... will the shipping cover breathe? If not, throw a couple of DampRid canisters/bags inside. A few years back a dealer who had my boat put a shipping cover on it when making a canvas mooring cover for me. When they took it off they had to put a couple of workers on it for two days there was so much mildew. Some of that mildew returned the next Fall and they spent another day cleaning it.....all n/c Don't think they ever did that again. :cool:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@tkeru408 ..... will the shipping cover breathe? If not, throw a couple of DampRid canisters/bags inside. A few years back a dealer who had my boat put a shipping cover on it when making a canvas mooring cover for me. When they took it off they had to put a couple of workers on it for two days there was so much mildew. Some of that mildew returned the next Fall and they spent another day cleaning it.....all n/c Don't think they ever did that again. :cool:
Great question. It definitely won't breathe through the fabric, but it does have a couple of what I think are "breathing holes" like those in the picture and it also doesn't fit super tight around the bases of the tower so there's probably room for air movement there as well. My boat is currently at my dealer and will be hanging out there for the winter so I'll ask him if they recommend putting in DampRid until the canvas mooring cover comes in and the shipping cover can be removed or if he thinks it'll get enough air flow to not need it.

How long was yours under the shipping cover when it got all that mildew?

1609879854009.png

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Great question. It definitely won't breathe through the fabric, but it does have a couple of what I think are "breathing holes" like those in the picture and it also doesn't fit super tight around the bases of the tower so there's probably room for air movement there as well. My boat is currently at my dealer and will be hanging out there for the winter so I'll ask him if they recommend putting in DampRid until the canvas mooring cover comes in and the shipping cover can be removed or if he thinks it'll get enough air flow to not need it.

How long was yours under the shipping cover when it got all that mildew?

View attachment 139737
@tkeru408 ..... about 30 days in April. The DampRid is, in my opinion, inexpensive. Right now my 2020 SX195 is in "heated" storage meaning it is set to go no colder than 55F I still put two tubs of DampRid crystals in it - one in the bow and one just in front of the rear engine cover. Both canisters of Damprid were placed in small tubs in case the boat was rocked during storage to prevent the water that will drain into the DampRid container below the crystals - and there will be several pints of it - from sloshing onto the carpets. The cover I have is the Yamaha OEM black cover and it has two vents but I still put the DampRid in. :cool:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@tkeru408 ..... about 30 days in April. The DampRid is, in my opinion, inexpensive. Right now my 2020 SX195 is in "heated" storage meaning it is set to go no colder than 55F I still put two tubs of DampRid crystals in it - one in the bow and one just in front of the rear engine cover. Both canisters of Damprid were placed in small tubs in case the boat was rocked during storage to prevent the water that will drain into the DampRid container below the crystals - and there will be several pints of it - from sloshing onto the carpets. The cover I have is the Yamaha OEM black cover and it has two vents but I still put the DampRid in. :cool:
Thanks for the advice. I'll grab a couple canisters of Damprid on my way down to the dealer. Cheap insurance!

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
@tkeru408 did you ever get your mooring cover?

my dealers systems shows a ship date of 6/2 for the same cover.

anyone know if it’s possible to moor the boat with the shipping cover? I’ve seen one picture of a 252 with the shipping cover and it looked as if it was wrapping lower than the mooring cover which would put the cover beneath the waterline.

Last edited:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@foozed I assume you mean my mooring cover? No, I still haven't received it. I haven't talked to my dealer since mid-January and at that time they told me mid-March. I assume with everyone reporting later dates, mine was going to get pushed back to June, too... just haven't bothered calling the dealer to confirm the bad news.

I'm pretty sure the shipping cover comes down below the water line of the boat on the front and sides but you could probably rig it to keep it out of the water by tying it up a little. Not ideal but might work in a pinch until the mooring cover is available.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I talked to my dealer last week and they said the cover was pushed back to June.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@tkeru408 did you ever get your mooring cover?

my dealers systems shows a ship date of 6/2 for the same cover.

anyone know if it’s possible to moor the boat with the shipping cover? I’ve seen one picture of a 252 with the shipping cover and it looked as if it was wrapping lower than the mooring cover which would put the cover beneath the waterline.
We did that this fall. It's not perfect, but it works for a temporary solution. You have to get a little creative around the tower, and it does hang in a water a bit at spots.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a friend that works for the company that makes the covers for Yamaha, I contacted them this morning after seeing this and was told that they are slammed with orders and that there is a 12+ week backlog on orders.

Last edited:

Dixiedodger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Our cover also pushed another 4 weeks! Ugh but great advise with the shipping cover!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Called my dealer last week. In the past, each time I called I was given a new expected date for delivery. This time, they didn't even have that much info...he just said he had no idea at this point when it was going to come in. Offered to refund my money, but I told him to just leave the order on their books; it's not like I can take my money back and go somewhere else to buy it.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with my dealer. Same issue... perpetually delayed cover order now has no ETA.

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I just got mine on Sunday. I ordered 2/2/2021 from JetBoatPilot. Last week I called and they said it was back ordered indefinitely but 3 days later I got an email with shipping details. They are shipping but seems like just a few at a time

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I just got mine on Sunday. I ordered 2/2/2021 from JetBoatPilot. Last week I called and they said it was back ordered indefinitely but 3 days later I got an email with shipping details. They are shipping but seems like just a few at a time
I should've ordered mine from Will. My order was placed with my dealer back in November.

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yeah I just talked to my dealer today and he has yet to see a cover. I would place one through JetBoatPilot worst case you can always cancel the other one. Best of luck to you

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I ordered through JBP beginning of April. As of a week ago no ETA. The parts guy at my local dealer heard that all the covers were going to the southeast due to the higher number of boats sold there.
I am using the shipping cover but a real pain. Yes, it hangs in the water. I used to drop the tower each time to put on the cover but last weekend I left the tower up and put the shipping cover inside the tower. Guaranteed I will have a puddle of water on top from the coming rain this weekend as the part from the window to the transom is not pulled tight.
Bought a few fabric tarps and bungee lines to make a homemade cover until the mooring cover arrives.