• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

bow stop roller

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What are other mods you have found "necessary" as this being my first jet boat. I have launched it twice now and at 2 different ramps of different inclines. I have found that the bunks do very well in centering the boat but last night we had a decent cross wind at the ramp and it pulled slightly crooked. Once I pulled the boat up on level ground I saw it was not exactly centered and fortunately did not have the boat all the way up to the stop. When I cranked it up the last 3 inches, it settled right were it should and I was definitely happy to see that. This is also the first boat/trailer combo I have owned that is supposedly made specifically for each other and I did like the self aligning it did on its own.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I performed my first Power load getting the boat out the other day ... my buddy dropped the trailer in ... ramp was not level either ... i figured... what the hell ... once i got her in place... i throttled a little... then a little more.. 3 times until she wouldn't budge.. the tow vehicle was jerking forward, so I figured I had gone as far a i could... winched the ONE foot bow ring to stop and we were done....

it was easy... and @Gym... yea ... the trailer really forces the boat into its place.

now... sadly ... the season is over. ... short but very sweet.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Englewoodcowboy , the shorelandr trailer needs very little. If your model didn't come with boat buckles, those are a true upgrade, as they are a ratchet that bolts to the rear frame and and is a one second release and two second attach, without having to remove it replace transom straps. I find the winch quite adequate, but others have upgraded to the Fulton F2. Some also feel the trailer jack is weak, but I used the stick jack did 4 years on the 230 and see no need to upgrade that on my 240 either. I added the CE Smith guides with covers, and it comes withthe LED lights on top. The bow stop roller of course needs changing as we discussed. But also, if you notice any flex at all, then the now stop post pinch bolts may be allowing the bow stop post to rock back and forth. I actually got the dealer to put a steel shim between the bolts that Hold the pinch plate to the frame. That stopped the post from moving